Experienced Auto Body Repair Technician
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Tech-Cor body shop is a large, state-of-the-art Collision Repair Center. Tech-Cor’s Collision Repair Center is staffed by experienced, certified technicians.
Under direct supervision, this job is responsible for performing diagnostic checks including three dimensional measuring to determine any structural damage to vehicles. Using hand tools and power tools, the role repairs or replaces broken or cracked mirrors, windows, and windshields. The individual performs routine maintenance, repairs scratches, aligns and replaces wheels, associated mechanical work, performs structural and non-structural repairs, and OEM specific welding (aluminum and steel). The individual also brings vehicles up to manufacturer specifications and notifies management and the customer if any additional repairs are needed. The individual is gaining experience in delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is also gaining experience in meeting band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Conducts diagnostic checks on damaged vehicles
- Provides detailed estimate of repairs to management and customers
- Conducts authorized repairs on damaged vehicles
- Brings vehicles up to manufacturer specifications
- Notifies management and the customer if any additional repairs are needed
- Follows federal, state, and company regulations regarding safety and emission standards
- Complies with any laws and regulations affecting paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials
- High school diploma or GED required
- I-CAR welding certifications preferred
- Gaining general knowledge of business area’s processes including best practices in order to support the area’s projects, products and services
- Gaining ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Achievement of results is limited to impact some of the unit’s objectives
- Effective communication in working with others in every day situations and ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Employee is receptive to coaching from leaders and peers and displays reasonable application of the Company’s Organizational Success Factors
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top