Executive Producer/Head of Production
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
You know Allstate as an insurance company, but did you know it's among the top 10 Fortune 100 Companies in Chicago? Allstate has been named to Fortune's "Change The World List" for two years running, and as a top 10 company for innovation by The Wall Street Journal/Drucker Institute. Allstate has a long history of redefining how a company connects with its customers and empowers them to live confidently. Related accolades include:
World's Most Admired Companies - Fortune Magazine
One of the World's Most Ethical Companies, Ethisphere Institute
Elite 100 List - InformationWeek Magazine
Top 50 Companies for Diversity (16-time award winner) - DiversityInc
Top 100 Green Companies, Newsweek
Executive Producer/Head of Production : Allstate is looking for an experienced Executive Producer/Head of Production with a proven track record managing a team of producers to create a wide variety of content spanning the breadth of The Allstate Corporation's products and services. Working from our Chicago office, you should have deep experience managing productions, be comfortable navigating complex brand needs, be self-directed to problem solve, and ensure work is produced efficiently and executed to the highest creative standards.
This role includes close collaboration with internal and external creative teams and production partners, and is expected to execute engaging content across multiple channels, often working between multiple offices/regions (Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, Silicon Valley) and aligning with your COE and business partners.
Team Summary: The Allstate Creative team and Production Studio serves the entire enterprise, including Allstate Insurance, Esurance, SquareTrade, InfoArmor, Arity and other innovation-oriented emerging businesses that are part of this growing portfolio. The Allstate Creative team and Production Studio includes several Areas of Responsibility, including: Design, Advertising, Content, User Experience Design, Production and Technology. You will work with these teams to provide creative solutions across the enterprise to accelerate creativity, innovation and business growth. The Production Studio staff includes producers, editors, directors, animators/motion graphics artists, and engineers.
Job Summary : The Executive Producer/Head of Production is responsible for execution of the creative vision across the enterprise, across all mediums and channels. This requires the ability to apply business knowledge, data and consumer insights to brand-building and business-building executions.
- Oversee all video production workstreams, incorporating needs and requests of other teams and adjusting production strategies as needed
- Manage and coach a team of producers and senior producers, both full time and freelance, on planning and executing across a wide range of projects and content formats
- Establish, manage, and clearly communicate overall timelines, project deliverables, and resourcing needs related to production
- Communicate production processes and best practices, while continually seeking improvements to drive efficiencies in production and budget
- Foster relationships with cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivering against asks while creating an environment that allows for innovation
- Advise creative teams during concept stage on production costs and execution options in order to deliver the highest quality work for the most efficient timeline and budget
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with outside creative partners, including production companies, editors, illustrators, casting and talent agents, and reps
- Manage day-to-day escalations and troubleshooting of production challenges
- Own production budgets and schedules for a variety of projects and oversee various external partners in managing logistics for producing ads and digital assets
- Manage annual production planning process and participate in the annual budgeting process in cooperation with marketing and creative leads
- Bachelor degree and equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of producing experiences within an ad agency and/or internal creative department in a consumer marketing organization
- Working knowledge of industry production contracts and the ability to negotiate terms independently and seek guidance from legal when necessary
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot communication, logistical, scheduling challenges, navigate competing priorities, allocate resources appropriately, and mitigate associated challenges
- Disciplined approach to managing projects, while maintaining the flexibility to adapt when adjustments are required
- Extensive knowledge and experience with producing a wide variety of assets for use in digital, motion, social, print, and web
- Experience working in partnership with both junior and senior creative team members to bring ideas to life
- Experience being the face of creative production to external vendors and key internal stakeholders
- An understanding of the impacts of production decisions on both creative output and business results
- Expert at managing expectations, with the ability to identify and articulate alternative solutions when changes arise
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top