ETL Tech Lead
- Pittsburg, KS
At Allstate Northern Ireland, we believe it's more than just a job. We believe in allowing our people to choose the direction of their careers. It's about you, your future and where you want to get to.
Opportunity is the hallmark of the Allstate career experience. We invest heavily in our employees, offering long term career development, personal growth and investment in new technologies. Every day is different, with new ideas, challenges, and rewards - no matter which team you join.
We believe that inclusive diversity is crucial to creating a culture of mutual respect where the strengths and talents of each individual are recognised. We like to leave things better than we found them and deliver results. We do all of this while having fun and exploring personal passions.
Join our team and you'll find challenge and reward in a culture of innovation, support and balance.
Your role in the team
We are pleased to announce a new role for an ETL Tech Lead within Allstate.
This position will be part of a global State Privacy team. This will involve support and development for two products - the OneTrust Consumer Portal and Consumer Data Response Orchestration (CDRO).
These products were developed 2019 to meet legal and regulatory compliance requirements around personal information (PI) deletion, consumer requests, privacy notices, and 3rd party relationships.
Going forward, the focus is to increase consumer-centricity, simplification, automation, centralization and scalability while continuing to meet our regulatory and legal requirements.
- Critique and evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements
- Design detailed technical components with high-level architecture
- Ongoing environment support - updating host files/configs
- Develop and test production-ready solutions that meet enterprise security and compliance standards
- Design and build automated processes that monitor ETL programs for data quality and governance issues.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and other parts of dynamic Agile development
- Create documentation and provide suggested improvements according to subject matter expertise of the built solutions.
- Takes ownership and accepts responsibility for decisions which impacts own work area
- Acts as an ab initio technical expert for other application developers, providing guidance on development strategy and technical solutions
- Mentor junior team members share knowledge to help other developers grow their expertise
- Identifies, clarifies and resolves complex problems within own work area
- Provide support in resolving data and technology issues
- Work effectively with Product Owner and team members
So, what are the essential criteria to apply?
- Must be a UK/RoI/EU citizen or possess a current UK visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- A minimum of 5 years + experience with ETL based systems
- 2+ years' Ab Initio
- 1+ years' experience with SQL databases
- Good communication skills especially on technical topics
We also have some desirable criteria
- Experience in privacy, data governance, risk management or related fields
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of HDFS, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Cloudera or similar technologies.
- Knowledge of Java / Tibco
- Understanding of relational databases and database structures preferably SQL Server
- Good understanding of consumer data
- Good collaboration skills across multiple levels and function
What we offer
As Digital DNA's Workplace of the Year 2020 winners, we offer a generous benefits package that includes flexible annual leave entitlement, dental and healthcare insurance, an attractive pension package and discounts on gym memberships, public transport and parking.
Allstate invests heavily in your development, as an employee you will have access to multiple world-class learning platforms and courses from our award-winning in-house Learning & Development team.
We pride ourselves in providing clear career paths and opportunities for internal mobility allowing you to further develop within the organisation.
We encourage a better work life balance and you'll have the opportunity to apply for various flexible working arrangements.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as women are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from women. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 23rd October 2020
Back to top