Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate ISG EDAI DASH IDM team is seeking Ab Initio ETL developers with 5+ years of hands-on experience to analyze, design, build and test complex ETL applications. This role requires strong data integration development skills, experience in a team-based software development lifecycle, and familiarity working with remote clients.
- Be able to evaluate technical designs and data mapping documents, in partnership with onshore designers and developers, based on user requirements
- Utilize designs to develop accurate, defect-free code
- Create and update technical documentations using high level technical specification documents
- Create unit test plans and conduct unit testing accordingly
- Participate in code reviews, and test plan reviews
- Work with QC Analyst to ensure appropriate conditions are identified, provide technical expertise on execution of applications, and support QC processes
- Provides input in creating detailed ETL development estimates or change requests
- Be able to coordinate and work with outside vendors for application development
- Perform performance tuning on both UNIX ETL and Oracle database environments
- Participate in Production Support transition meetings
- Other responsibilities include enhancement, performance tuning and support of existing applications
- Requires at least 5 years of hands on experience in Ab Initio tools such as Graphical Development Environment (GDE), Enterprise Metadata Environment including air commands (EME) , and data profiling
- 5+ years of UNIX scripting, job scheduling tool, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- Experience in any scheduling tools such as IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler, Control M, AutoSys, etc.
- Knowledge of data warehousing techniques
- Prior experience with Informatica is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Dimensional Modeling
- Knowledge of Agency Data is a plus but not required
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated work experience with projects of complex scope
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours in order to coordinate with US and offshore based teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- Good working knowledge of data warehouse, database design, Microsoft Office Products and Microsoft Visio
- Familiarity with both waterfall and iterative development methodologies is a plus
- Familiarity with Information Delivery tools (such as Business Objects) is a plus
experince working in an Agile environment.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top