Entry Level, Investment Reporting Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Finance Company offers new and existing Allstate agencies the opportunity to secure financial support needed for running an agency. The AFCO Reporting III Analyst is primarily responsible for: A) AFCO Reporting – balancing and reporting and/or B) BACK OFFICE – loan support
- Reviewing daily and monthly reports to locate the out of balances between the investment accounting system and the SAP general ledger.
- Identification, research and investigation of out-of-balance conditions, and follow up to ensure that they are corrected.
- Preparation of journal entries and viewing balances in the SAP general ledger.
- Producing Monthly reports by the close deadlines.
- Working with the internal and external auditors to provide reports and answer questions.
- Providing other monthly, quarterly or annual reports to other areas within Allstate Insurance as assigned.
- Assist with the quarterly account reconciliation spot checks.
- Work on other projects related to the balancing processes.
- Help coordinate and participate in team projects, assignments and team responsibilities such as continual process improvement, strengthening of controls, peer analysis and team education sessions.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Provide status to Supervisor
- Ability to work with all areas of Operations and Finance to resolve out of balances and research issues
- Participate in cross-team knowledge and awareness
- 0-2 years of professional accounting or reporting experience
- General working knowledge of the Commercial Bank/Lending Industry
- Bachelor Degree in Business/ Accounting /Finance Required
- CPA and or CPA Candidate strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, Word, SAP or other general ledger applications and database querying tools
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving, and issue resolution skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity and a high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work assignments
- Work independently, flexible and good organizational skills; specifically strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top