Entry Level Inside Property Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Entry Level Inside Property Adjuster in Columbia, MD!
About the Team
The Claims Department is here to restore peoples' lives after the unexpected has happened. We work to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy. Putting our customers first to resolve their claim and taking the stress out of the situation is our goal.
This is your chance to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry in highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
About the Position
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic and occasionally moderately complex property or liability insurance claims. This individual may or may not handle losses that do not require an outside adjuster's inspection and works with clients. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage and authorizes payments. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload.
Specific responsibilities include :
• Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
• Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
• May handle first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
• Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies basic and occasionally moderately complex coverage/policy information
• Provides coverage explanation to customer
• Reviews/approves repair estimate
• Prepares basic and occasionally moderately complex damage estimates
• Organizes and reconciles bills
• Conducts fast track estimating
• Handles additional living expense claims as needed
• Handles contents inventories and basic and occasionally moderately complex contents pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
• Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Other Projects and Responsibilities
• May serve on a committee or project as appropriate
• May participate in one or more basic or occasionally moderately complex special assignments
• Conducts subrogation investigations
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Property experience highly preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with compassion
- Basic knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, regulations, claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Basic industry knowledge to discipline practices, including standard methodologies, to support the business unit
- Knowledge of basic analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- The ability to utilize learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Negotiation and/or arbitration skills, conflict management and problem resolution skills in handling internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle claims
- Provides individual decision-making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top