Entry Level Inside Property Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Entry Level Inside Property Claims Adjuster in Uniondale, NY!
Combine your skills of working with people and investigation!
As an entry level, Allstate Inside Property Claim Adjuster, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise. You will be responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic personal property or liability insurance claims. This individual may or may not handle losses that do not require an outside adjuster's inspection and works with clients. You will review insurance policies, reports and photos, evaluate damages, determine loss coverage and authorizes payments. You will work directly with customers and guide them through the claims process, and negotiate fair and equitable settlements. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and document every step of activity for each claim on Allstate's state-of-the-art, computerized NextGen claims system. Your success will be rewarded with our Total Rewards package which includes base pay, benefits, and opportunities for career advancement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Investigating, evaluating, and negotiating claims, in order to reach a fair and equitable settlement.
- Using compassionate communication and persuasive negotiation to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Working well with others in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Achieving targeted performance goals to manage costs and support Allstate's industry-leading operational standards
Please note, there is a required 2-week training that will take place in Wheeling, IL.
What we offer:
- Starting salary of $42,200 per year
- Paid training to provide you with tools you'll need to be successful in this role
- Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Learn more at https://allstategoodlife.com
- Four-year college degree preferred, plus two years' experience delivering outstanding customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top