Entry Level Financial Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As the largest finance department within Allstate, Protection Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical analytics and consultative support to drive optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategy and improve operating results. Our financial reporting, deep-dive analytics and focus on financial projections is essential as we interface with senior leadership across the corporation.
As a financial analyst, you will be a key member of the finance team. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate with business partners to identify emerging issues and assist in implementation of strategies
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Use analysis and reporting to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic and forward-looking perspectives
- Multi-faceted finance training to include structured peer shadowing, networking, self-serve courses, formal training sessions as well as cross functional assignments
- Culture that fosters development
- Exposure to meaningful work in an innovative environment
- Rotational opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups (eg. Young Professional Organization)
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Customized development plans
- Advancement opportunities available at Corporate Headquarters (Northbrook, IL) and across the country in our 14 regional offices
- Offers a variety of development and well-being programs https://www.allstate.com/careers/benefits.aspx
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Analytical skills to compile information requiring combinations of data from multiple sources, the ability to work with numbers and formulas
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments
- Oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the finance function
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top