Entry Level- External Reporting Analyst, Investments
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $80 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The investment group is made up of nearly 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private securities, commercial mortgages and derivative asset classes, as well as, finance and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
The Financial Reporting Department within Allstate Investments is a strong team and an innovative, energetic organization. The External Reporting Analyst within Investment Finance Reporting is responsible for executing the day to day activities of the Reporting team according to the controls in place. This includes preparing basic schedules that support external filings made by the company and performing analysis to identify and investigate unusual trends. They are expected to manage their assignments based on prioritization and direction, and raise issues as appropriate. He/She is expected to execute processes and procedures per the team’s operational support documentation and identify when practice deviates from the documented process.
The External Reporting Analyst will be a key member of the team, responsible for the following items:
- Monthly close activities and related analysis
- Prepare and analyze various quarterly/annual schedules/exhibits supporting internal and external financial reports
- Utilize accounting principles and apply the understanding of those principles to the preparation of financial statements, audit reports and related filings
- Prepare analytical schedules, analyzing variances, and providing analytical support based on internal customer requests
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Assist with aspects of team projects, assignments and team responsibilities
- Implement, report, and communicate the impact of business and accounting related initiatives on assigned processes and reported financial statements
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 0-2 years of prior accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- General accounting and/or Insurance knowledge – Investment accounting and reporting knowledge a plus
- Basic to intermediate Excel skills, Access, Outlook, Word, SAP or other general ledger applications. Knowledge of SAP accounting system a plus
- Works effectively in a team environment and maximizes team effectiveness
- Organizational, problem solving, detail oriented, oral and written communication
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities and assignments. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads/demands and work across various departments
- Shows initiative, self-motivated, professional demeanor, and desire to learn
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top