Entry Level- Accountant, Investments
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Participates in the preparation of information, analysis and basic reporting schedules that support the external filings and internal reporting of the CM/RE/LP team. Examples may include Income trend and comparison to prior periods, comparison to expectations and analysis of cash clearing activity. Work with team supervisor and/or manager to identify/investigate unusual trends.
- Prepare required accounting journal entries to support the monthly and quarterly close; troubleshoot issues as they arise and perform corrective action, if any.
- Prepare cash and account reconciliations to the General Ledger activity; troubleshoot out of balances and perform corrective action, if any.
- Own and be accountable for execution of responsibilities; raise issues with processes timely
- Contribute to a positive team culture and motivate other team members to achieve optimal team performance
- Identify and execute process improvements
- Work collaboratively within the team and across the department
- Pursue developmental opportunities to further skills
- 0-2 years of professional accounting/reporting experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic Microsoft Excel, Access and SAP skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top