Enterprise Technology Strategist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Enterprise technology Strategist role within (ATSV) Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures will be integral to driving transformational change forward. You will bring the right voices, information and thought leadership together to help set the strategic direction for how Allstate will leverage technology to transform our enterprise, creating competitive advantage into the future.
- The opportunity to directly shape the future, transforming our enterprise
- Immersion into leading -edge operating model and technology trends
- Regular partnership with, and exposure to, executive enterprise leadership
- A platform for leadership development and professional growth
- A collegial , team-oriented culture and work environment
- Very limited travel (if any)
- 8+ years of Enterprise level Business and/OR Technology strategy/transformation experience
- 10+ years of business experience (financial services sector preferred)
- Bachelor's degree with a differentiated academic track record
- MBA from top-tier university (preferred)
- Polished, executive-level communication skills (written and oral)
- Intrinsic learner, able to quickly come up to speed and become a thought leader on unfamiliar subjects
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong interpersonal , relationship building, influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to creatively problem solve; comfort applying critical thinking and analytical skills to frame ambiguous or conceptual problems
- Thought leadership - the ability to apply knowledge to diverse and complex situations, developing complex ideas that have long-term, strategic impact and in alignment with broader enterprise goals
- High proficiency in the business of technology, with a demonstrated understanding of technology strategy and emerging trends in the industry
- Strong facilitation skills ; the ability to orchestrate workshops and synthesize points of view from senior leaders in real-time and drive a group towards consensus
- Leadership - the ability to model and create an environment of accountability with respect to outcome-based objectives
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top