Enterprise Search Engineer - Technical Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company is seeking a well-qualified, experienced, and talented Application Developer to serve as Technical Lead in support the Enterprise Search Service of Enterprise Content Services team.
The Technical Lead, Enterprise Search application developer plays a critical role in the solution lifecycle including: responding to feature and configuration requests, designing solutions, envisioning follow up work, and taking ownership of operational excellence of the Enterprise Lucidworks Fusion and Solr infrastructure. The Application Developer role will include software design, development, customization and integration, the mentoring of junior developers, and other duties as assigned. Proactive, engaged communicator who can partner with Leadership (technical and non-technical), Business Stakeholders, and Vendors to deliver effective search experiences.
The Application Developer core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Implementation and support of Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions.
• Document detailed design, functional and technical specifications in developing Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions.
• Exhibit expertise in Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr architecture and the demonstrated competency to design, deploy and support solutions in a shared services architecture.
• Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SDLC best practices including the Agile Scrum methodology.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues.
• Participates in the discovery phase of projects to determine high level design.
• Analyzes business needs and develops plans to implement software requirements in conjunction with product management and architects.
• Independently handles high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues and tickets/ incidents.
• Troubleshoots business and production issues.
• Mentors and coaches junior developers in Lucidworks Fusion and Apache Solr solutions.
• Collaborates with other technologists as a member of a broad, cross-functional team motivated to solve business problems.
Minimum Qualifications :
• 5+ years of experience with building scalable, high performing and robust Java and .NET applications.
• Experience with Lucidworks Fusion and/or open source search engines like Apache Solr, Lucene, or Elasticsearch.
• Advanced scripting skills in at least one of the following: Puppet, Perl, Python, Bash, or Unix Shell and willingness to learn new technologies.
• Experience with Node JS, AngularJS, Bootstrap or other web-based frameworks.
• Expertise with some or all of Apache, JBoss / Tomcat, or other application servers.
• Experience with Source Code Management Tools (e.g., GitHub).
• Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g., Jenkins, Artifactory Pro, SonarQube, Selenium, Jmeter, and so forth).
• Self-motivated, industrious person able to operate effectively and independently in a collaborative, fluid IT and business environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field.
Experience Required :
Minimum 5-7 years of IT development experience.
Minimum 5-7 years of Apache Solr development.
Minimum 2-4 years of Spark experience.
Education: College degree preferred.
Major preference: Computer Science, Information Systems.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top