Enterprise Risk and Return Senior Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
This team is responsible for monitoring alignment with Allstate's Risk Principles through our Enterprise Risk and Return Management (ERRM) framework. Our Risk Principles are Maintain a Strong Foundation, Build Strategic Value and Optimize Return per Unit of Risk. Activities are managed in five categories of risk: Insurance, Investment, Financial, Strategic and Operational.
The Risk Management Senior Manager has responsibility for risk management, loss mitigation, and various risk transfer programs. Your risk management responsibilities include leading the design, negotiation, administration, and communication of Allstate's Corporate Insurance Program and the insurance programs procured on behalf of various Allstate subsidiaries.
These insurance programs include but are not limited to directors and officer's liability insurance, fidelity insurance, fiduciary insurance, errors and omissions insurance, workers' compensation insurance, general and automobile liability insurance, professional liability insurance, property insurance, garage liability insurance, garage keeper's insurance, umbrella insurance, and aviation insurance.
You will be leading the analysis of losses that are part of the parameters of Allstate and its subsidiaries' insurance programs and owning the development of and implementation of loss mitigation strategies. In addition, you are facilitating the resolution of insurable claims, and providing mentorship and advice with respect to the settlement of significant claims that fall within the corporate insurance program. This position also oversees external OSHA safety and compliance servicing activities. This person is responsible for extensive complex insurance contract development and negotiation. The job requires knowledge of the products, service offerings, trends, and legal developments in the commercial insurance industry, as well as services offered by Allstate and its subsidiaries.
- Provide advice to senior management with Directors and Officers liability program. Annual presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Develop the design, marketing, negotiation, placement and administration of all insurance programs procured for Allstate and its subsidiaries.
- Handle broker and third-party claim administrator relationships.
- Identify and evaluate new and complex risk exposure considering current business and legal trends and recommend and implement appropriate risk financing or risk retention techniques.
- Provide authoritative advice to management OSHA and state regulatory safety compliance.
- Participate in and support employee safety and risk mitigation activities as appropriate.
- Develop and lead the operational expense plan for our Risk Management group.
- Develop risk management associates, this role leads a team of 2 associates.
- Evaluates employees' performance and potential to prepare them for additional responsibilities.
- Establishes/Approves work procedures/standards and ensures proper staffing and assignment of job responsibilities to employees.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Insurance industry, and a broad and deep working knowledge of commercial insurance products gained through a combination of experience and training.
- Requires the ability to analyze and interpret data to make assumptions and implement action plans.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills are required
- Present complex information to all levels of the corporation.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills.
- Lead and develop a team and develop positive relationships across business areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top