Enterprise Data Management Domain Owner
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The D3; Data, Discovery and Decision Science team is looking for a talented, strategic Data Domain Product Owner to deliver on Allstate's enterprise data and analytics capabilities that support our ongoing transformation into a data-driven organization. Do you want to get in on the ground floor? The ideal candidate will have a passion for and proven experience with data in insurance domains.
Does managing the creation of new data capabilities that are integral to the next generation of products across an enterprise make you drool? Do you have the business context to understand the needs of non-technical stakeholders and the technical savvy to frame and manage development of products across a domain?
This role will be critical in leading the conceptualization of innovative software products and managing their development, partnering with an agile team to deliver the vision from inception to implementation to product support.
You will partner extensively with some of the brightest business leaders and technical minds around to enable depth and usability of data in a way that drives innovation and helps us deliver perfect insurance solutions to our customers.
- Oversees and manages product(s) within an enterprise data domain(s).
- Responsible for the success of a Master Data Management (MDM) product development, the critical component of a given data domain.
- Develops product visions by engaging with internal stakeholders, customers, and the broader community, then supervises the breakdown of those visions into an actionable backlog of user stories for engineering teams.
- Helps guide the strategy and vision for data product capabilities within the domain(s) and manages execution.
- Leads and executes day-to-day delivery of data software product capabilities.
- Serves as high level arbitrator on product scopes, requirements, and backlog priorities within the department and across supporting business units.
- Reviews products within the domain(s).
- Works across the domain to prioritize, plan, and manage the delivery of software products that meets customer requirements in an agile-development approach and fast-paced environment.
- Collaborates with Waterfall, SCRUM & XP teams & products.
- 5+ years of relatable data experience; minimum of 3+ years of managing software product experience and managing programs.
- Data experience examples: Data Warehousing, Master Data Management, External and Internal data sourcing, GIS, Data Governance
- Software Product Development examples: User Stories, Backlog Management, Continuous Integration, User Experience Design, Web services, Cloud Platform, Mongo, HADOOP, ETL, Full Stack Development
- Insurance domain knowledge in policy, pricing, underwriting, claims, etc.
- Strong technical and business acumen and experience working in an agile methodology
- Ability to develop, analyze and interpret concepts; ability to solve problems creatively
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences including presentations and training.
- Strong collaborative skills to lead and work across boundaries to implement decisions and initiatives in an business aligned way.
- Enthusiastic and skilled mentor.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top