Enterprise Architect - Information Architect
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Within this team, data strategy, integration and governance are developed and managed. This area works across all Protection business areas.
An Information Architect is accountable for the alignment of business objectives to the delivery of data capabilities. This position is responsible for working with the business units to understand their strategic objectives and problems, and will collaborate with all groups that design and influence solutions to ensure that the approach is technically sound, the data is fit for use, the solution adheres to enterprise data standards, and the resulting solution is timely and effective. The Information Architect drives the thinking on leveraging data as an asset (integrated data sourcing, development, usage, and availability).
- Act as primary Information Architect supporting Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Drive Enterprise Data Warehouse strategy in alignment with enterprise data strategy
- Collaborate with other Information Architects to advance Master Data Management strategy
- Establish governance of business data to ensure vital data is managed to established principles and guidelines; ensure data is consistent, accurate, available, and accessible
- Provide consulting to project and product teams on adhering to enterprise data standards
- Promote the enterprise data strategy vision and communicate across technology and business stakeholders, driving the organization's commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate data
- Ensure a cross-functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
- Drive the development and implementation of processes (ERDs, DFDs, data dictionary) to maintain high quality data assets
- Proficient (2+ years) in industry practices and common tools for master data management, data quality, metadata management
- Experienced (3+ years) data modeling
- 5+ years of experience working with relational database platforms
- 2+ years of experience working with Hadoop platform
- Demonstrated experience working within varied project/product methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, extreme agile)
- 5+ years of experience in IT in technology architecture, operations, and design related disciplines
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience influencing senior business and IT stakeholders
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner
- Developing and implementing an effective communication process internally and with external constituents; effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and business partners in order to drive alignment and decision-making
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts
- Demonstrated pattern of ability to continuously learn and adopt new technologies; proactive approach to staying knowledgeable about industry trends
- Ability to apply new learnings to drive innovation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Proven track record of sound, effective decision-making
Nice to have:
- A good knowledge about business in general and of insurance industry and company economics
- Ability to lead a group of employees (directly or indirectly)
- Ability to master understanding of financial services/Property and Casualty consumer trends, industry/ competitive dynamics, and economics; ability to synthesize marketplace insights from various sources to develop strategic direction operating priorities
- Experience with cloud based technologies, integrations and design, and latest mobile architectures.
- Experience with UML modeling
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top