Enterprise Architect - Architecture Governance
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Enterprise Architect for Architecture Governance is a senior level architect that is responsible for establishing and executing processes to ensure compliance with internal and external standards and regulatory obligations.
- Works closely with line of business Chief Architects, Solution Architects, Product Managers, and delivery partners to define, inform, update, and apply architecture standards and policies.
- Actively manage, communicate and market the enterprise architecture standards and policies.
- Standardize architecture and design concepts.
- Manage the existing architecture governance processes: software and frameworks (PEAP), information and application architecture principles and practices (GPP and IDE DS)
- Apply continuous process improvement techniques
- Direct involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of common application platforms within the enterprise.
- Promotion of shared capabilities to reduce costs and improve agility. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies through architectural reviews, solution architecture and application architecture collaboration.
- Promote the use and adoption of industry best practices for application architecture frameworks, tools, standards and guidelines and recommends updates to application platform reference architectures, patterns and models as needed.
- Lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as subject matter expert, when introducing new technologies
- Guide and inform the implementation of new common application platforms.
- Facilitate communications between IT workgroups and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes, acting as the technical domain subject matter expert
- Provide input on all projects and road maps regarding compatibility with the business and technical visions for common application platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience, HS diploma or GED is required
- 10 years overall IT experience with 5 years direct experience working as an IT Architect
- 5 years experience in design, development, and implementation of solutions at an enterprise level
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without need for work visa or residency sponsorship
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to proactively communicate at multiple levels: executive to individual contributor.
- Strong self-management skills in multiple-priority, high ambiguity situations
- Experience modeling Enterprise Architectures with industry standard modeling notation
- Ability to communicate via presentations, words and pictures
- Comfortable with resolving conflicting viewpoints and achieving consensus
- Collaborative work-style
- Strong sense of personal accountability for results
- Master's degree in MIS or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience
- In-depth knowledge of common application development and runtime platforms (Java, .NET, PaaS, IaaS, Containers and Container Orchestration, Mainframe application transformation and modernization, Integration, etc)
- Formal Enterprise Architecture training and certification
- Proven track record of successfully architecting foundational application platforms such as demonstrated experience with Application Lifecycle Management.
- Expert level of technical knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration with large scale deployments
- Demonstrated experience leading teams as well as creating individual contributions/deliverables.
- Insurance industry experience
- Java, JEE, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Red Hat OpenShift, Spring, Cloud computing, AWS and Azure IaaS and PaaS services, DevOps (Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus, Confluence), APIs, Microservices
- In-depth knowledge of two or more architectural domains (business, application, information, infrastructure, middleware, and/or security architecture)
- Experience as a senior level architect working on significant enterprise change initiatives
- Demonstrated experience leading teams as well as creating individual contributions/deliverables
Minimum Physical Job Requirements:
- Constantly required to sit, use hands to handle or feel, talk and hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Reports to a Senior Manager in the Allstate Technology Architecture department
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top