Endpoint Security Engineer - Data Classification
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As an endpoint security engineer you will be a technical endpoint security strategist for a very diverse enterprise. You will be working with a team that is responsible for engineering, maintaining and supporting endpoint security technologies, solutions and policies/standards to ensure a hardened presence in a rapidly changing security sector in a large enterprise.
This role will have the responsibility of ensuring that endpoint security solutions, policies and emerging technology are on track to meet and respond to the ever present threat to our data and endpoint infrastructure. You will ensure that all technologies are operationally ready and that the endpoint security, SOC and NOC teams are enabled to execute on capabilities as needed to resolve operational issues or business requirements.
You will be responsible for analyzing our current and emerging technologies and policies for gaps and deficiencies. A core component of your role will also be developing new capabilities, processes and implementing collaborative technologies to solve business and security need across the endpoint security landscape. For instance, representing the endpoint security stack as we explore data labeling and cloud computing solutions.
You will work closely with Security Engineers in the maintenance and management of Titus Labs Data Classification policies, creation of use cases in conjunction with the needs of the business and integration into other business processes. You will be a liaison for Endpoint Security to other technologies and engineering and lifecycle teams across the enterprise.
The Endpoint Security team is rapidly evolving our capabilities, processes and technologies. You must be willing to think out of the box and be comfortable taking educated risks to solve problems. You will be an endpoint security engineer in a very challenging, complex and rewarding organization.
- Basic understanding of Titus Labs Data Classification (Schema, Active Directory Integrations, Policies and Content Validation Profiles, Rules, Conditions and Actions.
- Understanding of Unstructured data, metadata, email headers, data labeling and classification.
- Basic Understanding and experience with SQL Server Language Reference.
- Moderate experience with scripting (Regex, PowerShell, PERL, etc)
- Moderate experience with and/or understanding of cloud computing.
- Basic to moderate experience engineering, deploying and supporting Avecto, Titus Data Classification, Symantec DLP, and McAfee/Intel solutions via McAfee ePO
- Moderate experience managing policies and software deployment in ePO & SCCM
- Moderate documentation and analytical skills; documenting processes, policies and standards
- Moderate trouble shooting skills across complex enterprise applications, server and endpoint environments
- Moderate ability to onboard, learn and adapt to new technologies
- Basic privileged access management/right management experience, designing solutions based on least privilege (Avecto)
- Basic knowledge of malware operation and indicators or threat
- Moderate knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
- Moderate knowledge of Windows operating systems (workstation and server)
- Moderate understanding and hands-on experience with windows registry, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Moderate experience reading and writing documentation for Infrastructure Security implementations
- Basic experience with ITIL processes such as Incident/Problem/Configuration/Change management.
- Basic customer handling skills along with extensive hands on skills in defining and creating operational/procedure documents
- Basic log parsing and analysis skill set
- Basic knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc)
- Basic knowledge of Firewall and Proxy technologies
- Basic experience with software lifecycle across a large enterprise; deployment, upgrades, patching
- Basic understanding of SANS Critical Security Controls (CSC)
- Basic to Moderate knowledge of penetration techniques
- Basic knowledge of Information Technology forensic techniques
- Basic knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPPA, SOX, etc.)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Microsoft Certifications (MCSA, MCSD, MCSE)
Preferred location Dallas TX, but the right candidate can sit anywhere in US.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top