Encompass - Sales Strategy Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Sales Analytics and Enablement works across the business unit to provide critical insights that drive optimal business performance. The team provides Encompass Sales with the identification, evaluation, development and execution of sales analytics as well as facilitating sales projects to drive strategic initiatives and support individual business units.
This position will aid the identification, evaluation, development and execution of projects as well as analytics support. This individual will provide consultative support across the organization, coordinate strategy related projects, and provide analytical support for various sales initiatives
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, present problem analysis, forecast implications, and recommend solutions in a creative and logical manner
- Identify data sources and create analytical models and reports to support business conclusions and solutions
- Develop effective communication that clarifies issues and recommendations and resonates with varied audiences including senior leaders; this includes developing storylines and content of presentations with limited guidance, such as, but not limited to, case studies, best practices, industry trends, financial analysis that contributes to strategic decisions
- Help solve business problems by understanding the organization and client goals and the reasons for those goals; build on existing thought leadership for deeper comprehension of the business, the needs of the customer, and the broader marketplace
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business processes, prepare gap analysis, and provide options and recommendations for improvement
- Develop frameworks, case studies, and financial analyses to guide strategic management discussions and the communication of project results
- Help design and facilitate information gathering questions and assist in conducting workshops with project stakeholders; identify or assist in identifying client needs by synthesizing information through research, working session outputs, client interviews, etc.
- Complete various ad hoc projects and analytics research in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance industry trends and environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze ambiguous problems, create analytical plan for solving, and develop actionable insights
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research using information from multiple and varied sources
- Effective/Advanced communication skills (storyline development and presentation)
- Applies best practices when summarizing research findings; reviews and edits prepared materials
- Self-starter, high energy and detail oriented; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement - personally and with work assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft based applications such as Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint – knowledge of Business Objects, Tableau, or SQL considered a plus
- Consulting, facilitation, project coordination, and strategic planning experience is preferred
- 1-4 years of relevant working experience in an analytical environment.
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top