Encompass - Product Assistant Manager-Property Line
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Line Management job family manages and provides countrywide strategies that enable the success of a product line. Leads innovations and integrates line needs across AORs. This team is responsible for the overall financial and product health of the line.
The Line Management Senior Consultant II provides support necessary for Property Line Management leaders with achieving profit and growth targets for a line(s) of business on a property line management team. This position will have numerous opportunities to influence other departments both in and out of Product as well as leaders on line strategy to present relevant data and facts to make recommendations on initiatives.
Supports Line Strategies and Plans
- Understand and contribute to the achievement of short and long-term strategies to achieve market share growth and profitability targets on a countrywide basis
- Participate on teams, gather relevant facts and organize work effort in support of strategies to ensure the integration and execution of product, pricing and risk management for countrywide usage
- Independently manage / perform unique work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes or channels and navigate obstacles to deliver the work product
- Apply advanced level of business knowledge to execute strategies which may include new distribution channel initiatives, best practices and new products and services
- Effectively perform analysis (e.g. competitor, product, market, risk management, financial) to understand the underlying health of the line
- Support innovations in all aspects of the product development lifecycle
- Uses experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information
- Utilize a breadth of knowledge to identify and frame issues and implications on operational parameters to get new products/projects implemented
- Develop business recommendations, present and communicate finding to various level of senior leaders
Integration and Execution
- Actively participate in coordinated efforts across the organization to facilitate the implementation of initiatives
- Influences team members to ensure implementation success
- Perform activities to ensure appropriate development, and execution of products
- Measure and communicate results; make recommendations to leaders on redirection opportunities of efforts
- Provide support on countrywide product and or process changes
- Provide foundational analysis or business expertise that provides input into business cases or result evaluations
- Uses subject matter expertise to coach less experienced employees to anticipate and prevent problems
- Conduct on-going and/or post-implementation measures to assure proper execution of process and practices that support the line
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of data analytics experience, SQL knowledge is a plus
- Advanced product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings
- Utilizes experience and judgment to make decisions
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability for achieving results
- Knowledge about business in general, knowledge of industry and company economics;
- Ability to understand business tactics to support changing business strategies and direction;
- Collaborates to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Consistently achieves superior results
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff, both written and verbal
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top