Encompass - Product Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Product Operations works closely with state product teams and sales teams in support of state team strategies and execution. Responsibilities include interfacing with several customers in areas such as Product Management, Sales, Underwriting, and other teams within Encompass Product Operations.
Product Analysts will be responsible for supporting strategic business decisions by evaluating trends, and reporting and monitoring key business metrics. This role will track implemented programs and lead smaller compliance projects, system inquiries, profitability analysis, and call logs on behalf of the state product manager. They will apply business knowledge gained in the role to analyze our competitive landscape and be responsible for completion of other assignments of basic to moderate complexity. A successful analyst will perform more complex forms of analysis, supporting decisions using a variety of data sources and effectively communicate findings to internal stakeholders.
- Participate in training and learn the basics of the insurance product
- Learn to leverage various data sources and applications to retrieve, conduct research and manipulate data
- Present problem analysis by examining beyond the stated situation to identify underlying issues and possible alternatives
- Influence business decisions through presentation of data and analysis in a usable format and responds positively and persuasively to opposing views voiced by others
- Build business partnerships by demonstrating knowledge and understanding of customer needs and other internal/external partners
- Provide basic technical guidance or influences the work of others; simplify difficult concepts for non-technical users
- Contribute to a supportive team environment, enabling quality team interactions and deliverables (e.g., develop trust within team, reinforce and apply team expectations, appropriately challenge team members and peers, celebrate success and learnings)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Math, (or related field) or relevant experience
- Intermediate: oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate specialized terms and data
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting proprieties; accepts responsibility for results of actions
- Collaborative and enjoy working with others to build and maintain ongoing partner relationships both within and outside area of expertise
- Intermediate: Microsoft Office Suite of tools, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Beginner/Intermediate: Knowledge of data sources: Business Objects, CDF, SAS, Tableau is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top