Encompass Field Auto Adjuster
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Encompass Insurance has an outstanding career opportunity for a Field Auto Technical Adjuster in the Greater San Francisco Bay area. (The adjuster would be handling claims all over the Bay Area, from San Jose, San Francisco, Napa and East Bay.)
In this role, the Auto Technical Adjuster will be responsible for evaluating and estimating auto physical damages in the field or in body shops, using a laptop computer. This will require travel to sites where the damaged vehicles are located. A company vehicle will be provided. In addition, the Adjuster will be responsible for negotiating estimates or settlements with customers and body shops as well as following processes that yield accurate estimates, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and effectively managing loss costs.
The ideal candidate will be able to draw accurate conclusions on vehicle total loss declarations based on damage assessment and effectively manage customer interactions throughout the claims process. Adjusters will be expected to demonstrate targeted improvement in both technical skill and professionalism, in alignment with company and performance expectations. Adjusters are expected to document claim activity in the claim file, while following processes that provide fair claims settlements, exceptional customer satisfaction, and excellent loss cost management.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Investigates complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates for complex claims and locates parts
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Conditions vehicles and prepares report for customer
- Determines valuation of salvage
- Evaluates diminished value in a complex claim
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates system generated checks and pays appropriate parties
- Negotiates and settles complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Responds to complex arbitrations contentions
- May participate in one or more complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for medium-sized projects or as a committee team member on large projects
- Negotiate competitive repair methodology and cost with body shops.
- Prepare estimates on vehicles
- Provide superior customer service by communicating effectively with customers regarding policy provisions and vehicle repair or total loss.
- Organizing and scheduling inspections working from their residence.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook)
- Four years auto damage appraiser preferred or four years auto body repair technician. I-CAR Platinum certification a plus
- High School Graduate/GED (college degree preferred)
- Bilingual candidate encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply CLK789
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top