Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is part of the eDiscovery unit within the Law and Regulation Department. This position will act as an internal consultant and provide hands-on support to attorneys and legal staff in the development, implementation and support of efficient, cost-effective discovery processes. Among other responsibilities, the eDiscovery Specialist will advise and consult with legal teams to identify and implement best practices and procedures for the identification, preservation, collection, processing, analysis, culling, review, and production of paper and electronic discovery materials.
• Collaborate with in-house and outside counsel and paralegals on discovery projects of varying complexities, providing consultative support from the start of projects through their completion, and managing the day-to-day activities for that same timeframe
• Work with Data Collection Team to ensure timely and proper collections of custodial data; assist with coordinating remote collections
• Daily work in Relativity, including such as activities as creating and updating dtSearch indexes, creating STRs (responsive terms, privilege screens, highlighting), creating batches, creating and editing layouts, creating event handlers in layouts, performing pre-production validation / QC work, preparing productions, and working in and using all aspects of the Relativity Analytics suite
• Work with case teams to develop processes and protocols for reducing document review volumes (through search, analytics, and/or Advanced Technologies) and implementing same
• Work with case teams to develop and implement review layouts and review workflows / strategies that will best support the anticipated goal, taking into account such issues as data volume, types of data, amount of time for the review, number of reviewers, etc.
• Analyze search results, identify and test options for revising high-hitting terms, and share results with case team
• Assist with Litigation Holds, including assisting counsel with creating Litigation Hold Notices, reviewing daily lists of terminated employees to identify any that might be on a Litigation Hold (and assisting with preserving data for terminated employees who are on Litigation Holds)
• Attend kick-off calls and other case-specific calls, prepare and distribute call notes
• Maintain case tracking reports
• Assist and support document review teams with database permissions, troubleshoot issues that may arise from time to time, communicate updates relating to the review database
• Minimum 3 years' eDiscovery experience
• Industry qualifications such as Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) or Relativity Certified Analytics Expert a plus, but not required
• Strong understanding of the eDiscovery lifecycle and related data processing standards and concepts, including, without limitation, Litigation Holds, data de-duplication, filtering and culling, imaging, metadata, load files, layouts, privilege screens, email threading, and predictive coding
• Experience with Boolean Search Logic and with using dtSearch
• Extremely tech savvy, able to quickly learn new technologies
• Strong problem-solving ability and adaptability
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical audiences
• Possess excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent follow through, professional communication, and attention to detail
• Self-starter, with proven ability to work well in a team-based environment
• Experienced with the Microsoft Office suite of technologies, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Office 365
• Exposure to sensitive information requiring the use of tact, discretion and judgment
• Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top