Document Application Developer (Print Infrastructure)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Document Application Developer creates detailed technical document specifications, develops document applications and system code, participates in code reviews and module testing, and supports ongoing maintenance for high speed/large capacity document processing.
The Document Application Developer Sr. Consultant II develops code for complex modules, participates in design reviews, conducts code reviews, creates test plans and participates in testing reviews, and resolves moderate defects. The Sr Consultant II designs, documents, reviews, and maintains components of software solutions for complex print applications and projects.
• Objectively critique and evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements (including recovery, security and audit) and provide training as needed.
• Evaluate detailed technical design components and acts as a referral expert in appropriate languages, data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
• Maintains component design standards
• Contribute determining document programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements. Promote and define development standards. Review application configuration. Perform coding of complex modules, as needed
• Ensures that design reviews are scheduled and executed; provide feedback and recommends solutions; ensures that design standards and documentation are followed
• Ensures code review is conducted and certify that code meets quality standards; reviews and critiques code presented by team members
• Develops code for intermediate to complex modules, following documentation and development standards
• Designs detailed technical components with high-level architecture
• Recognizes and understands use of design patterns for intermediate applications
• Develops or confirms detailed project or system change estimates or project plans, calibrate estimating factors for continuous improvements
• Perform root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manages and documents the resolution of complex Document problems
• Creates enhanced technical documentation and implement changes
• Creates accurate test plans, conditions, and data; participates in testing reviews
• Conducts basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards; track and resolve moderate defects
• Partner with production leaders as needed to meet customer requirements
• Assists Quality Control and Analysts personnel with functional tests
• Identifies support issues and initiate action to resolve the problem
• Provides technical assistance to resolve complex issues
• Executes change management activities supporting production deployment to Developers, Quality Control Analysts, and Leaders
Two-year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
3-5 years of application development experience
Experience programming leveraging print technologies such as Canon Prisma, OpenText Exstream, Crawford and Quadient Inspire preferred
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top