Diversity Recruiting Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Inclusive diversity is one of Allstate's core values. Actively seeking out and leveraging the collective mixture of individual differences and similarities improves business outcomes for our workforce, the marketplace and our communities. From characteristics (age, gender, race, sexual orientation, disabilities etc.), to values and beliefs (religion, attitude, lifestyles, political views, etc.), along with our backgrounds and experiences (personal, educational, functional, etc.); we are committed to holding each other accountable for creating an inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are encouraged and embraced.
Our commitment to inclusive diversity influences how we do business; it helps us connect with our customers and each other.
The Diversity Recruiting Director collaborates with leaders throughout the enterprise including executives, business leaders, inclusive diversity councils, and human resource business partners to design and develop the strategies necessary to attract diverse agency owners and Field Sales Leaders that are reflective of the diverse communities that we serve to grow market share that aligns to our corporate objectives. The Director also partners with key external associates to advance the Allstate brand and reputation. To accomplish this work, the Diversity Recruiting Director supports business strategies that create an environment which encourages all of us to contribute our own unique talents and ideas to achieve our business goals. The work of the Director helps build and sustains our brand and reputation, affirming Allstate as a company of choice for talent, consumers and the community.
The Diversity Recruiting Director is considered a position with significant leadership responsibilities, as well as deep content-expertise, and is responsible for attracting diverse talent to Allstate, with a focus on agency and sales positions. The Diversity Recruiting Director leads and directs the operations and implementation of deployment strategy as well as developing and managing strategies that will prepare and promote a diverse talent pipeline. The role works in partnership with senior executives, business unit and functional leadership teams throughout the enterprise to create business-aligned diversity objectives, strategies, plans and accountabilities that promote sustainable growth and innovation through the recruitment, development and advancement of minorities and women. In addition, this position is responsible for developing strategic partnerships with diverse groups and communities. This role leverages internal and external key relationships and provides best-in-class diversity thought leadership. The role is accountable for working with the various business units to develop and execute diversity strategies in support of corporate goal attainment.
The Diversity Recruiting Director is responsible for delivering business results by working across the organization and development of employees. Demonstrates a broad level of influence across the organization with their business partners, peer leaders and senior leaders. Reports to the VP of Distribution Expertise and Programs.
- Coaches, mentors and influences others to accomplish goals
- Possesses superior interpersonal skills, quickly developing relationships and inspiring trust
- Anticipates and drives changes to work processes to support changing business tactics
- Interprets broad goals and objectives into business unit priorities and activities
- Promotes, fosters and influences actions, careers, and environment of employees
- Builds vision for department and enrolls others in that vision
- Deals effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Develops short- and long-term recruiting objectives and strategy to attract diverse agency owners
- Ensures consistency between distribution and deployment strategy/ objectives
- Establishes agent recruiting strategy and targets
- Sets recruiting guidelines (e.g., firms/ industries to target, capabilities needed, etc.)
- Defines the recruiting plan to execute on the agent strategy
- Develops short and long-term recruiting objectives and strategy to attract diverse Field Sales Leaders (FSL)
- Ensures consistency between distribution and deployment strategy/objectives
- Establishes FSL recruiting strategy and targets
- Sets recruiting guidelines (e.g., firms/ industries to target, capabilities needed, etc.)
- Defines the recruiting plan to execute on the FSL strategy
- Communicates strategy and plan to regions to execute recruiting process
- Educates field and Home Office recruiters on the process and best practices; incorporate feedback from recruiters
- Defines and communicates to stakeholders the key points that support the value proposition (e.g., what it means to be an agent and FSL)
- Evaluates tools (i.e., candidate assessment tools, etc.) to support agent & FSL recruiting
- Establishes recruiting analytics and tracking, identifying insights and incorporating feedback
- Defines KPIs (e.g., # recruits, cost per candidate, etc.) and build a dashboard to track progress
- Builds and maintains recruiting pipeline report
- Works with HR to capture key inputs; leverage performance monitoring/ analytics to execute the reports
- Strategically builds and fosters relationships across functions
- Sets strategic and operational parameters for collaborative efforts/teams with and across functional boundaries
- Presents business cases and influences others to take recommended actions
- Sponsors and/or provides stewardship on initiatives
- Achieves results on initiatives that contribute to growth and profit goals
- Takes risks and generates alternative ideas
- Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas or new methodologies
- Leads an organization to address efforts to diverse and complex situations to determine solutions, alternatives or guidance
- Provides written and verbal communication of highly specialized terms and data and can present to others
- Uses seasoned judgment and applies broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues
- Experience building a distributed field recruiting organization with specific emphasis on attracting diverse candidates
- Bachelor's degree; 10+ years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and present highly specialized terms and data
- Strong collaboration and relationship skills
- Coaching and mentoring expertise
- Strong ability to influence
- Plan, implement, manage, and/or sponsor projects that are highly complex and/or large scale key initiatives using accepted project management standards
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top