Director, Security Infrastructure and Operations
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The successful candidate in this position will direct and lead activities as the product owner for all security technology infrastructure. This includes Data Network, Firewalls, Directory Services, Identity & Access Management as well as 24x7 Security Operations Center. This position will partner with multiple service owners to formulate plans which support both strategic and near-term needs, will lead and facilitate long range strategy planning, and will define service levels and insure adherence. Must demonstrate the ability to drive change through innovation in technology, processes and operating model. Responsible for leading and creating Identity & Access Management (IAM) technical delivery of IAM components.
The selected candidate will have experience creating a team environment that promotes cooperation, accountability, customer focus and effective work relationships in order to attain business goals. Candidate must be comfortable working with senior management, providing leadership to cross functional teams, and impacting change in organizations outside of his/her direct control. This position will engage with business leadership in multiple companies to provide transparency into the value and performance of services purchased, and will take the le ad in defining new services needed.
- Accountable for creation of environment of safety and innovation within their organization. Is a role model for inclusive behaviors across all levels of employees.
- Models and creates an environment of accountability for multiple organizations, peer groups and senior leaders by setting clear performance objectives in support of business outcomes.
- Coaches senior leaders on personal development. Leads organizational focus on talent development, succession management and building bench strength.
- Is a technology thought leader. Develops complex ideas and organization strategy that have long-term, strategic impact and aligns with Enterprise direction. Responsible for implementation of strategy including high level planning of work and resources across multi-year timeframe.
- Communicates strategy to the organization so they understand their roles, are motivated to achieve established goals and have line of the sight between their work and Allstate strategies. Converts thinking of others or gains acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Applies knowledge and efforts to diverse and complex situations, where alternatives are numerous, to drive business solutions on behalf of the organization. Makes decisions that have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities beyond their area of responsibility.
- Highly proficient in the business of information technology with a demonstrated understanding of technology strategy and emerging trends in the industry.
Business Partner Management
- Leverages external industry relationships to improve the Enterprise. Serves as a representative of Allstate in the industry when necessary.
- Influences individual contributors, managers, partners, service providers, senior leaders and peers to successfully deliver on business commitments spanning multiple organizations and levels of complexity.
- Leads the process of setting and managing expectations; continually seeks opportunities to be a thought partner and increase internal and external business partner satisfaction and deepen relationships.
Span of Control
- Manage an organization of 120 plus resources, with 5 direct reports Sr. Managers. Creates structures and processes that provide oversight of budgets and delivery yet allow employees freedom of action.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Manage customer expectations.
- Prepare areas procedures, policies, reports and correspondence.
- Collaborate with customers, employees and other stakeholders to identify direction and plans for strategic customer goals, assess impacts, consider available and emerging technologies, compare costs and benefits and recommend solutions.
- Work with customers to identify their goals and strategic direction.
- Negotiate and collaborate with senior executives and internal staff to develop solutions and options.
- Develop and adhere to internal standards and strategies.
- Ensure adherence to approved methodologies.
- Provide oversight regarding metrics, funding, budgets and resources.
- Coordinate resources, time, contingency plans and risk management.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate collection and analysis of technical functional requirements based on critical client IAM use cases and expectations.
- Ensures technical strategy alignment of standard client SDLC (System Development Life Cycles) to ID entropy project execution frameworks.
- Works closely with project IAM Architect or Practice Manager to identify key IAM technical components as aligned to project requirements, assist in prioritizing development efforts, catalog IAM component to project requirements, and assign them to project use cases and sprints.
- Identifies client's technical stakeholders, and provides effective training and mentoring to maximize leadership and consulting effectiveness, client learning and overall project team productivity.
- Provide strategic direction and planning for current and future business and technical changes, contractual obligations and legislative regulations.
- Identify opportunities to improve critical business processes.
- Assess external and internal impacts to define a course or direction.
- Anticipate organizational impacts and understand procedures associated with introducing new information technologies.
- Plan and direct activities of a group of managers and staff.
- The role will have a dual reporting structure to Chief Information Security Officer and Head of Infrastructure Services.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Experience: 10+ years of management experience; including leading leaders; should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top