Director Product Innovation
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product and Service Innovation and Development ("PSID") team helps drive Allstate's future by identifying compelling business opportunities, developing selected opportunities into thriving businesses, and assisting Allstate businesses with meeting their innovation objectives. PSID brings together skills in strategy, design, technology, and marketing to create new products and businesses.
The Director, Innovation leads teams that create new products and/or businesses that will have significant impact on the enterprise, including revenue growth. In addition, this role will lead a functional area (Strategy, Design, Technology, or Marketing) or core business process (e.g., pipeline development, internal innovation consulting).
- Identify and frame compelling business opportunities, including:
- Developing a structured approach for pursuing each opportunity,
- Driving thoughtful analysis and creative thinking,
- Building consensus through effective communications
- Understanding customer needs
- For selected opportunities, lead a project team that brings together Strategy, Design, Technical and Marketing skills in an integrated way
- Oversee MVP execution
- Take initial steps for commercialization
- Hand-off product as necessary
- Work across Allstate to integrate expertise from other Allstate teams and ensure proper hand-off of projects to the core organization
- Build internal consensus and engage executives across Allstate to shape and execute opportunities
- Lead a functional area (Strategy, Design, Technology, or Marketing) or core business process (e.g., pipeline development, internal innovation consulting).Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs;
- Create an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives where people work together effectively;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations.
- Bachelor degree with concentration in Engineering or another technical field, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration; and an MBA is preferred
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of business experience, including at least 5 years of consulting experience at a top tier firm
- Strong candidates will have proven success in an entrepreneurial environment with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong business acumen; ability to think creatively and strategically to capitalize on unstructured, fuzzy business situations
- Advanced relationship management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and generate necessary consensus behind business plans; and is results driven and comfortable in driving change in a matrixed organization
- Extensive experience leading and managing cross-functional teams; exceptional project management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines, ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment, ability to manage internal and external resources
- Demonstrated capability to lead across a complex business, securing the commitment and alignment of differing parts of the organization through the use of influence and indirect authority;
- Politically astute with an ability to manage effectively in a matrixed environment
- The successful candidate will be a thought leader, people leader and results leader; comfortable with creating and managing through change
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top