Director - Innovation Technology and Product Management
- Chicago, IL
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product and Service Innovation and Development ("PSID") team helps drive Allstate's future by identifying compelling business opportunities, developing selected opportunities into thriving businesses, and assisting Allstate businesses with meeting their innovation objectives. PSID brings together skills in strategy, design, technology, and marketing to create new products and businesses. The Director, Innovation Technology and Product Management is responsible for ensuring that all projects incorporate outstanding technical and business judgment, and that resulting products are successful from customer desirability, technical/operational feasibility, and business viability standpoints.
The Director, Innovation Technology and Product Management will lead the development of new businesses and products that will have significant impact on the enterprise, including revenue growth. Core skills for success include expertise in leading data-related technologies, especially advanced analytics techniques, creative thinking, and ability to synthesize work across the wide range of topics needed to establish a new business.
- Lead the pursuit of business opportunities through the lifecycle of framing the opportunity, developing prototypes/minimally viable products, and commercializing the product (including possibly integrating the product into other Allstate business units)
- Drive innovation across Allstate enterprise, including with projects that are directly driven by the Product/Service Innovation and Development team
- Ensure top-level technical thinking and business analysis is infused in all projects within the Innovation team (not just projects you lead)
- Develop staff to improve their technology, data analytics, and product management skills
- Assist with identification of new business opportunities
- Motivate and provide leadership to team and ensure the proper allocation of employees to the highest priority deliverables; ensure employees have the appropriate structure, tools, resources, and training required to perform their job at the highest levels
- Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs
- Create an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives where people work together effectively
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Bachelor degree with concentration in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or another technical field,
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 12+ years of business experience, including at least 5 years experience with a leading technology-centered organization
- Proven success in building a business strategy and presenting innovate solutions to executives and colleagues
- Strong candidates will have proven success in an entrepreneurial environment with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong technical acumen; ability to think creatively and strategically to capitalize on unstructured, ambiguous business situations. Willingness and zeal to work in a "hands-on" manner with complex technical challenges
- Advanced relationship management and leadership skills and comfort level communicating with top tier leadership
- Demonstrated ability to articulate a vision and generate necessary consensus behind business plans; and is results driven and comfortable in driving change in a matrix organization
- Extensive experience leading and managing cross-functional teams; exceptional project management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines, ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment, ability to manage internal and external resources
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
Back to top