Director, Chief of Staff, Marketing
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Provide efficient and effective prioritization, planning, delivery support and tracking/analysis of our project portfolio. These efforts will help ensure the best decisions are made regarding where to spend resources. The team operates within three key areas of operation; Prioritization & Planning, Analytics and Tracking and Project Execution. Facilitation of the annual planning process, project portfolio performance measurement, capacity analysis across the Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Relations. Development and socialization of Enterprise Initiative Projects that support several high-priority, cross-functional projects and facilitation of the leadership team prioritization and coordinating organization of the prioritization leadership team governance.
The Director, Chief of Staff, Marketing is responsible for supporting the development of strategy and driving necessary changes in the organization for key business initiatives. Help design and direct projects that analyze strategic alternatives in depth so that opportunities, short and long term financial implications, risks and opportunities are well understood. Work across multiple functions and businesses to identify issues and assess financial and organizational impact. Make recommendations and drive organizational alignment and decision making. Review existing strategies across all Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Relation business areas to ensure alignment with overall strategy. Provide insights and perspective on key project components that will impact current and future strategies.
- Leads projects for Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Relations including strategy and analysis that provide actionable recommendations; develop presentations that articulate findings and recommendations as well as facilitate executive decision making and alignment for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and manage comprehensive communication plan
- Recommends approach for and process of developing and refining strategies for Marketing, Innovation and Corporate Relations portfolio to senior management
- Develops and communicates initiative progress and integration in key priorities to senior leadership to gain alignment
- Assists in leading strategic operations group direction, capabilities, staffing, and integration with other functional groups
- Develops the strategic operations team members by defining and prioritizing consultative skills and capabilities, providing on-the-job development opportunities and managing succession through internal and external recruiting
- Acts as strategic operations liaison with select business units
- Undergraduate degree/MBA in Business, Finance, (or related field), or relevant experience preferred
- 12+ years of related experience
- Advanced strategic and decision-making framework capabilities including hypothesis design, complex issue identification, problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex strategy analysis
- Advanced project management and quantitative / analytical skills
- Advanced ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Advanced ability to structure documents to effectively communicate with senior management and drive alignment and decision making
- Advanced leadership skills with ability to partner with, inspire trust and influence, senior leadership team: ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to senior management
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional teams with direct and indirect responsibility; strong project management skills
Job Qualifications Continued
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Deep understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click "here". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click "here". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
Back to top