Direct Marketing Program Manager
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Direct Marketing Program Manager (Executive Advantage Marketing Manager) is a high-profile member of the Marketing Program Delivery team within Digital and Regional Marketing. This role will provide overall program oversight of a $75M EA card program for agents, lead the development and execution of new vendor offerings, negotiate key Executive Advantage contracts and pricing for agencies, manage a focused relationship with our card partner – Citibank and maintain key priorities of overall program to provide brand, grow and manage tactics for the overall “Executive Advantage program” within Allstate.
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the Direct Marketing Program Manager (Executive Advantage Marketing Manager) will include:
- Acting as a thought leader for the overall Executive Advantage team;
- Provide strategic direction for new marketing concepts and strategies for Executive Advantage;
- Achieve results through creating a high-performance environment within the Executive Advantage team;
- Influence and contribute to the strategic direction of senior leadership through formal and informal communication;
- Lead or oversee multiple cross-functional projects and programs of various types and sizes simultaneously;
- Recommend and secure needed project funding; oversee budget management;
- Manage agency expectations and ensure that delivery meets expectations;
- Collaborate with leaders in other areas on resource capacity and allocation across efforts;
- Exercise independent judgment and decision-making while staying aligned with clients and management;
- Understanding agency, regional and industry insights / trends that impact existing vendor offerings currently in EA program and/or the development of new offerings to agencies based on determined need;
- Developing and finalizing program features and specifications based on agency needs and alignment with business strategy;
- Conducting early analysis on opportunities with key stakeholders to determine if a given initiative can be functionally developed and executed;
- Effectively collaborating with internal stakeholders and external partners to develop strategic, tactical and operational support of innovative offerings and solutions;
- Understanding implications, risks and benefits of various alternatives, drawing conclusions, developing mitigation strategies and making recommendations for appropriate courses of action;
- Creating business case to expand existing offerings and/or create new offerings (ROI, opportunity assessment, channel impact, strategic alignment, success metrics, etc.);
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of marketing experience and demonstrated leadership. In addition, the candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Advanced strategy development;
- Creative problem solving with strong business judgment and financial acumen;
- Development and implementation of key initiatives that drive measurable business results;
- Strong communication and project management skills;
- Experience implementing technology-based programs is highly desirable.
- Marketing subject matter expertise with strengths in brand, research, and design;
- Ability to interpret and explain analysis results to decision-makers as well as general employees;
- Ideation facilitation experience;
- Advanced organization and project/program management skills; ability to manage cross-functional projects with a high degree of autonomy;
- Advanced relationship management and leadership skills;
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills;
- Advanced writing skills;
- Advanced presentation development and delivery skills;
- Content creation skills, including advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word;
- Advanced financial acumen;
- Insurance industry knowledge a plus.
- Management Experience
- Profit and Loss experience
- Educational Background:
A bachelor’s degree is required. An MBA is highly desired but not required.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top