Dir. External Affairs & Consumer Stakeholder & Engagement
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is seeking a Director, External Affairs and Consumer Stakeholder Engagement, to lead all external communication, public relations and media in support of enterprise business goals and advancement of corporate reputation with key stakeholders. This leader will provide oversight across crisis and issues management, catastrophe response, and planning for national public relations programming and proactive media relations.
The position requires a senior level communications practitioner to lead complex, multi-dimensional programs, foster integration across the enterprise aligned with business objectives, and cultivate talent and communication skills to stay ahead of an ever-changing media landscape and consumer expectations. The director will be responsible for:
- Building, maintaining and managing reputation, providing strategic input about reputation risks and ensure they are understood and addressed across the enterprise
- Leading and managing executive communication strategies for the enterprise and serving as key advisor to C-level executives
- Developing and executing a comprehensive traditional and social media platforms and strategies to raise awareness, build advocacy, and increase consideration of Allstate with consumers
- Proactively manage emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business performance and Allstate's reputation.
- Expanding and ensuring an effective issues and crisis communication response system
- Department leadership and team management; creating a positive work environment with performance expectations set and measured, individual coaching and development, and annual budget planning and management.
The successful candidate will have 10-15+ years of demonstrated success and increasing levels of responsibility in:
- Strategic thought leadership and executive level communication counsel
- Building trust rapidly and efficiently navigate an organization and key stakeholders
- Leading integrated public relations programming to increase enterprise reputation across multiple stakeholders
- In-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style and expertise in high impact messaging to wider more strategic audience
- Depth of experience that provides insight into necessary and sometimes anticipatory action on issues facing the company to advance the company priorities
- Expertise in financial and insurance industry knowledge and in communicating the impact trends have on our business and devising innovative ways to align communication goals and activities to capitalize on industry trends
Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
In Corporate Relations, our backgrounds range from journalism to business, from strategic philanthropy to academia, and from research to education. We are a team of both lifelong communicators, and those who developed their communication skills on the job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Back to top