Digital Marketing Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Marketing Consultant in this role will be responsible for developing strategies and implementing solutions related to digital communications (mobile messaging, email, etc.) used by Allstate consumers and agencies. Strategies and solutions will be considered "enterprise" (not limited to supporting marketing), so will require collaborating and working closely with all Allstate business areas including technology teams inside and outside of Allstate.
Strategies and solutions will continue to enhance a growing set of Allstate digital communication capabilities that contribute to (1) reducing cost per incremental sale through the use of electronic vs. traditional methods of lead follow-up, (2) an improved digital consumer experience to better serve customers, and (3) the corporate goal of reducing over-contact of consumers using email and reducing inbound call/paper/postage costs.
The Marketing Consultant in this role will have an understanding/knowledge of digital/mobile communication strategies including self-service messaging platforms (SMS/MMS, Push notifications) and the vendor landscape for these types of services. This is a role that delivers solutions and supports the entire enterprise including but not limited to marketing. It will also require an ability to translate business strategies and intended solutions to functional/technical requirements and to oversee projects from inception to implementation. Collaborating and working closely with all Allstate business areas including technology teams inside and outside of Allstate will be essential.
The individual in this role will partner with both internal and external cross-functional teams. The ability to work effectively and efficiently with other areas of the business, technology teams, suppliers and Allstate agencies will be essential to ensure success.
This position does not have any direct reports, but will have oversight over supplier resources and budget.
The ideal candidate has strong analytic and project management skills along with the ability to apply those skills toward developing strategies and building business solutions that meet business goals.
Mobile Messaging Strategy
- Deliver a compliant agency SMS texting solution to the entire Allstate agency force and continue to improve the solution by implementing new enhancements based on agency feedback and advocacy
- Grow the adoption of the agency SMS texting solution among the Allstate agency force
- Expand the agency SMS texting solution to Allstate call centers to improve service resolution times
- Lead new self-service capabilities to expand the adoption/use of self-service by Allstate customers (e.g., Text for Information, etc.)
- Identify and implement additional eAgent email enhancements based on review of other email marketing tools and agency feedback (e.g., NAB ACE)
- Design and implement new email reporting specific to measuring and comparing agency email contacts from different sources: eAgent vs. home office vs. TaG/Blueprint comparison metrics – establish baseline and metrics/goals going forward
- Review alternatives to using Outlook Exchange for agency email via eAgent. Alternatives include ECS/Experian, Hearsay Mail and other SMTP services like SendGrid, Mailgun, Mailjet, Mandrill, etc. develop recommendations and pursue implementation
- Reconfigure existing home office email campaigns to make more customer vs. household centric
- Improve and expand upon email address and mobile phone number KPI reporting
- 5+ years of program/project management work related to business strategy and implementation/execution
- Strong analysis and project/program management
- Strong organization, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working and communicating with multiple levels of an organization including exposure to senior leadership
- Fully versed in using Microsoft suite of tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) applications/tools
- Knowledge of data management principles and practices
- Minimum 3 years of experience in digital marketing
- Proven ability to identify new online trends and manage implementing new solutions
- Proven ability to respond and anticipate business changes.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top