Digital Marketing Measurement Science - Sr Mgr
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We call ourselves MARA (Marketing Analytics, Research and Administration). The spectrum of responsibilities for this team ranges from 'now decisions' (e.g.: what is the ROI for X campaign for last week & should we continue the campaign) to long-term planning and strategy (e.g.: what should we spend next quarter in paid search?)
We strive to execute best in class measurement and analytics strategies. Every day. We're an intellectually curious team and are proud to be the unbiased voice for measuring successes that drive business results. Yes, we work at a fortune 500 company, but we strive to operate like a start-up. We are building out our measurement science & analytics team and are looking for an enthusiastic, driven & proven leader to help us in this journey. Here are few pointers we think you could use to assess if this opportunity is a good fit for you:
- Have you successfully managed high performing analytics teams and demonstrated measurable business success through your team's insights and recommendations?
- Did you conceptualize and lead the development of scalable marketing data solutions using scripting languages (like Java/Python/C++) and are proud of the user adoption?
- Do you have expertise in using digital marketing, analytics & data for driving business performance (e.g.: cookie level data, attribution, Google Adwords, Facebook and in-app advertising)?
- Have you mastered the art of breaking organizational barriers and influencing teams towards a common goal?
As one of the key members of MARA, you will be reporting to the director of Marketing Measurement Science helping to build out the strategic vision for Allstate's marketing measurement, and developing an actionable road map. You will be collaborating with business and marketing leaders to make real business impact and help shape Allstate's future. A brief blurb of what this job is about:
- You will be directly leading a team of at least 4-6 seasoned marketing analysts, working with them to help align tasks, goals, and strategies
- While working on big initiatives, you will get yourself involved with the team on day to day campaign performance measurement, looking for opportunities to standardize, automate, and establish best practices
- You will jump into the deep end of one of the broadest mixes of marketing data on the planet. We've got it all - from traditional TV and radio to Snapchat - you'll work with your team on developing a continuous improvement approach for accurate and timely measurement of marketing programs
- You will collaborate with other business units and help shape the measurement and strategy for future innovative growth initiatives
- You will work with the director to implement new and effective project planning/agile techniques to break down projects into tasks, and ensures deadlines are kept
- You will get your hands dirty with data and collaborate with the team to improve the effectiveness of marketing investment decisions through the creation of scalable analytics and rigorous deep-dives
- You will go beyond the obvious and push the team to understand the 'why' of a business question, driving the team up the decision-value-chain
- You will maintain a pulse check, both within and outside of, Allstate's boundaries on current trends, best practices and innovations pertaining to marketing science and analytics
- You will spend time developing your leadership skills through internal trainings and seminars and will proactively represent Allstate in relevant industry conferences and peer symposiums
- The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field. Bachelors or Master's preferred in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, finance, or economics.
- Total analytics experience of at least 6+ years with a combination of hands-on experience working with large data sets (preferably marketing, customer and/or digital data sets) AND managing & motivating teams in strategic support/ decision support functions
- Demonstrated experience with at least one statistical software such as SAS or R and a passion for data driven decision-making.
- Experience with distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.) is a huge plus.
- You have the mental agility to navigate through different tiers of discussions (from VP to Analyst) being a strategic leader with the ability to influence and partner with a variety of stakeholders across the organization.
- You inspire action based on data-driven insights, including influencing marketing planning and buying
- Ability to communicate complex analysis to non-technical audiences, demonstrating the courage to challenge status quo and confirmatory biases.
- Track record of operating independently while managing teams effectively, detail-oriented, and you ensure results are delivered in a highly organized manner.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top