Digital Marketing Director
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Digital Marketing team at Allstate develops strategy for and execution of online and mobile marketing programs supporting prospect demand generation and capture. The Digital Marketing team manages a breadth of programs and tactics including national and local PPC search, affiliate marketing, local directories, call advertising and other online CPA/lead generation programs. The mission is to help drive profitable growth for the enterprise.
The purpose of this exciting, high visibility position is to provide strategic leadership for the ongoing development, execution and measurement of search marketing programs that support growth at the local and national level. This position requires the ability lead a multi-disciplinary team and to apply detailed digital marketing knowledge to actionable insights and recommendations. The Digital Marketing Director will lead strategic expertise within the team as well as help to develop innovative strategies to meet and Allstate’s business objectives.
This leader will also have responsibility for Allstate’s Test & Learn practice area. The Test & Learn team develops the strategic testing vision and annual test plan for execution within various digital and traditional marketing channels supporting brand health, prospect demand generation/capture, customer marketing/cross-sell and overall marketing efficiency and effectiveness. The Director will oversee the day-to-day management and coordination of the annual test & learn plan and platform. This includes, but is not limited to test strategy, test vetting, test capture and results distribution and knowledge sharing. To ensure comprehensive test coverage and capture, this team will work with media, analytics and Product Marketing teams to ensure test ideas are captured and executed within the test and learn framework.
The Digital Marketing Director will lead internal and external cross-functional teams to provide strategic leadership and professional development for the paid search team. The ability to work effectively and efficiently with other areas both internally and externally is essential in order to build program support.
The ideal candidate will understand how to utilize data and results to drive insightful decisions resulting in increased growth. He/she will have a proven track record in analytics, strategic thought and project team leadership.
- Reviewing reporting and analysis to provide strategic recommendations and guidance
- Developing an understanding of and making recommendations on cohesion and leveraging of organic and paid rankings with online advertising and other digital channels
- Maintain subject matter expertise by staying abreast of an evolving digital marketplace to determine optimal sources of paid search traffic by device and partner while utilizing best practices
- Lead and drive all efforts around evaluating and improving the effectiveness of campaigns through creative testing, bid management, landing page optimization, and other tactics
- Working with leadership to identify strategic test priorities on an annual and ongoing basis.
- Work cross-functionally to identify strategic and tactical tests that will become the basis for the test plan.
- Lead with the development of test strategy
- Facilitate the development of test design
- Ensure tight linkage to strategic test priorities and learning agenda
- Help prioritize tests based on strategic value or business impact
- Test scope includes, but is not limited to platforms, partners, audiences, emerging media, targeting, creative/messaging and optimization techniques
- Ensure all tests are appropriately captured in the Test & Learn platform and that proper intake process is being followed.
- Ensure test results information sharing to key stakeholders is executed including:
- Meeting coordination
- Results output – ranging from granular to executive summary style depending on audience
- Provision of recommendations/implications based on results
- 10 -15 years of Search (SEM) experience including solid basics in SEO
- Fundamental understanding of testing processes and approaches
- Ability to lead a team of 5-7 individuals
- Ability to leverage search strategies within the total communication plan
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
- Collaborative approach/attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize issues/projects for self
- Experience with at least one of the major bid management tools
- Experience with Web Analytics, Preferably Omniture SiteCatalyst
- Strong command of search engine research and reporting resources
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities, statistics & math proficiency
- Strong understanding of online media optimization techniques including CPA, CPC, CPL & revenue share models
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top