Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you someone who loves new technology? Do you find yourself building out Linux or Windows servers to deploy and learn open-source projects? Do you own a Unix Shell Programming reference? Are you a software developer or do you long to become a software developer? If any or all of these describe you, then you'll love working on our Enterprise Content Services Operations team!! In your initial role on the Operations team, you will learn our applications and technology stacks while having access to training and education to help expand and broaden your career. You will work with junior members of the team, mentoring and growing them while helping support our internal clients. As a member of our team, you are encouraged to explore new tools and technologies and help implement process improvements. And as you grow your skills, you have the opportunity to explore the next steps in your career within our application stack.
As a member of Enterprise Content Services Operations you will be part of a team supporting Employee Content Services and Enterprise Document Services enterprise applications.
Some of the key responsibilities of your Service Engineer role include:
- Incident resolution either through inbound tickets or the support mailbox.
- Change management: Planning, executing and directing moderately complex change tasks on behalf of our internal clients.
- Configuration management.
- Off hours support as needed and participate in weekend application deployment and validation rotation.
- Execute routine to moderately complex tasks related to systems analysis and scripting.
- Develop, review, deploy and test application configuration files.
- Disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Process improvements though automation.
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience; 3-5 years of related experience
- Play well with others and work well within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow.
- Working knowledge of Solaris/Linux with basic scripting skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows desktop and Server.
- Working knowledge of SQL and scripting skills.
- Have an understanding of SDLC and PMO processes.
- Have familiarity with the following methodologies: Waterfall and SCRUM or XP.
- Working knowledge of any or all the following a plus: WebSphere, SharePoint, ServiceNow, OpenText Exstream, TIBCO, Jenkins.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top