Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help build next generation mobile/web apps utilizing Agile software development. We develop code all day, every day. We are highly focused on test driven development and continuous delivery. Our mission is to bring best in class tools to our developers, allowing them to quickly bootstrap new products and easily manage them on an ongoing basis. We will be building systems to automate and orchestrate across version control systems, continuous integration servers, monitoring tools, collaboration tools, and documentation tools. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for providing support for one or more existing software applications. This includes application issue-analysis/resolution, configuration, managing security/permissions, and providing assistance to users. The DevOps Engineer will work within a large team and will communicate findings/resolutions to other IT professionals and business users. They would strategize the future of the mobile development Mac architecture to keep the team on the cutting edge while staying aligned with Infrastructure Service. They would also work with IS system engineers on deploying new OS and developer software upon release. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for our continuous integration / continuous delivery tools and processes, including Jira, Jenkins, and GitHub.
Provide enterprise-wide technical support for the company's main managed care applications. Key responsibilities include application configuration, security, problem identification & resolution, and application support.
- Serve as the key contact for assigned applications. Stay current with all application upgrades and enhancements.
- Work with technical teams to resolve issues, install and test upgrades and customizations.
- Coordinate with departments to provide application training/education, and documentation
- Work with the business units to learn their processes and how they are applied within the supported application.
- Monitor assigned systems and applications performance to maintain agreed to performance metrics. Take proactive steps to improve performance when necessary. Escalate issues to management.
- Participate in technical on-call services as needed.
- Working knowledge of development software like Xcode, Jira, Jenkins, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working with a ticketing system such as Service Now or Jira.
- Some scripting experience required.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top