Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is looking for experienced DevOps Engineers within Allstate's Infrastructure Services (IS) team. Within IS, the devops engineers are responsible and accountable for the engineering and operation of the Allstate platforms which is comprised of multiple cloud environments, application continuous delivery tools and pipelines, and numerous applications consuming those.
The DevOps Engineer is a full stack engineer who builds opinionated cloud environments and platforms for Allstate. This role will be a key contributor in developing, implementing and operating Allstate's cloud platforms. This role will also encompass developing, building, administering, and deploying self-service tools that enable Allstate developers to build, deploy and operate cloud native applications on those cloud platforms.
- Develops the various opinionated cloud environments and platforms while aligning them with business and security strategies and requirements
- Hands-on experience with cloud solutions at large scale and resiliency
- Experience in design, development and deployment of business software in cloud environments
- Advocate of engineering practices and assist teams in using frameworks for infrastructure as code and immutable infrastructure concepts
- Manages complex technical designs in engineering and operating cloud platform infrastructure
- Advocates the strategy and manages complex designs for the continuous integration and continuous delivery frameworks and tools
- Contribute to technology strategy and engineering roadmaps around cloud platforms; executes strategic engineering proof of concepts around cloud platforms
- Defines and develops new products and services that provides functions- "as-a-service"
- Advocates for the appropriate use of open source and commercial technology based upon industry trends and innovative concepts
- Four year degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of application development and infrastructure engineering experience
- Able to mentor different teams across the various engineering practices including extreme programming, product mindset, cloud/as-a-service approach, and infrastructure as code
- Hands-on style - willingness and competence in producing necessary changes in our infrastructure and processes
- Will be working primarily in an Extreme Programming environment and must be willing to work in a paired programming/engineering model
- Able to work in diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Identify creative solutions for technical challenges
- Able to communicate effectively across groups of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to communicate and present ideas and solutions
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing complex applications and distributed systems into public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc...)
- Experience and solid understanding of complex, multi-region, highly available state-less and state-full deployments
- Solid understanding of security and compliance frameworks, standards and implementation in public cloud environments
- Experience with infrastructure technologies such as network, compute, and storage
- Experience in using DSLs/frameworks for managing infrastructure as code like (or similar to) CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, BOSH, etc...
- Experience in infrastructure programming using languages like Python, Ruby, Go
- Hands on experience using continuous integration/delivery tools like (or similar to) git, Jenkins, Concourse
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top