Dev Ops / Production Support -Application Developer .Net
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
ABO has an important role, we deliver an effortless and efficient experience to customers, agencies and employees. We accomplish this by collaborating and embracing agility to transform processes, design innovative solutions and prepare our company for the future. ABO consists of 5600 employees in seven unique business areas who work together as a system to deliver value for Allstate. We are the backbone of Allstate's success.
This is an exciting time to join the ABO DCIO team. Due to continued expansion, we are looking for passionate .net developers. This is a great opportunity to work and gain experience with cutting edge technologies at the very center of ABO such as Robotic Processing Automations (RPA). As our business and society move along the AI and machine learning path this is a significant opportunity to boost you career with much sought after skills.
The role will be on the Dev Ops / Production support team with some unique opportunities. In this newly formed agile team you will be exposed to much more than the traditional mix of prod support activities. There will be ample opportunities to enhance your development skills, gain exposure to multiple development methodologies, work with some of the latest technologies in RPA such as AssistEdge and Blue Prism and being aligned to the ABO DCIO to gain a special perspective and partnership with business users.
The successful candidate can expect good career progression coupled with exposure to the latest technologies and software development methodologies. This position will ideally suit self-motivated and collaborative IT professionals with a strong background in software engineering. These roles will suit individuals who have a passion Production Support, for further enhancing their development skills, and are advocates of the customer and of continuous improvement within the area.
In this rapidly evolving team your opinion will matter and you will play a key role in shaping the organizations future direction.
Being a technical department for the ABO DCIO offers some unique advantages also, including the ability to work closely with the customer, a consistent stream of green field development as we work towards meeting the ever-growing needs of the business and with a clear of line of sight to the customer you will see, visibly, the impact your work is having.
• Ability to work across a range methodologies, waterfall and agile variations
• Ability to partner closely with key business stakeholders.
• A mix of production support and development work.
• Evaluate detailed business, functional, and high-level technical requirements.
• Recognize and understand use of design patterns for intermediate/complex applications.
• Apply reusability and future state architecture and framework.
• Participates and provides feedback in design reviews.
• Develop code for intermediate to complex modules, following documentation and development standards.
• Create enhanced technical documentation and implement changes.
• Conduct timely structured code reviews to ensure standards and systems interoperability.
• Review and critique other team members' code.
• Create accurate test plans, conditions, and data.
• Participate in testing reviews.
• Conduct basic levels of module and integration testing according to process standards.
• Track and resolve moderate defects.
• Provide technical assistance.
• Analyze and resolve moderate to complex problems.
• Execute change management activities supporting production deployments for projects and other changes
• Minimum of 1 years full SDLC experience (analysis, design, build, stabilization, deployment); and
• Minimum of 1 years .Net and C# experience;
• Visual Studio 2012 / 2015, IIS 7, Windows Server; and
• Development using Oracle/MS-SQL databases; and
• Awareness of ITIL; and
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels; and
• Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks independently; and
• Ability to effectively work with a globally distributed cross-functional team
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top