Department Leader - New Business
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The New Business department at Allstate Benefits provides support and services for employers, brokers and regional offices for processes related to keying and issuing applications for new business and post-issue changes.
The Associate Manager functions as a Director and leads the teams in the New Business Department. The Director manages relationships with the New Business teams, employer accounts, brokers and customers. They are responsible for planning, developing and executing process improvements for the department. The Director is responsible for data analytics, workflow enhancement, and the development of strategies and objectives.
- Oversees, directs and evaluates direct leaders and indirect reports to ensure department goals are met in a productive, quality and timely manner
- Leads with strategic thinking, innovation and executes
- Subject Matter Expert to leadership, internal and external customers
- Maintain positive working relationships with employer groups, brokers and customers
- Coach and develop front line management personnel
- Continuously strategize, develop, and execute process improvements
- Ensures all departmental critical functions are performing successfully
- Responsible for making recommendations for process improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Maintains departmental performance reports working closely with actuarial, sales, customer service, claims, premium administration, and information technology staff to coordinate processing of new business in a timely manner and resolution of any issues, with close attention to year end volumes.
- Planning and executing strategies for successful processing of high year end volumes
- 5 years operations experience in the life and health insurance industry
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years management experience
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Ability to align team performance for customer focus and success
- Technical professional knowledge and skills
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top