Dealer Services - Senior Sales Manager (Western Region)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position is with Allstate Dealer Services; an emerging business unit within Allstate family of companies. Allstate Dealer Services provides Finance and Insurance products and services to the retail automotive industry.The Direct National Channel is responsible for generating profitable growth and increased market share of a full suite of F & I products to automobile dealerships countrywide. The Direct Channel is accountable for National Achievement of Allstate Dealer Services' VSC, GAP and Ancillary sales production and agency enrollment plan for the Direct Channel. The Direct Channel is also accountable to ensure that existing agencies receive the proper support to achieve successful business results and develop into larger more successful agencies.
The Senior Regional Sales Manager (SRSM) must maintain strong business relationships and through leadership, gain alignment and momentum in delivering Company sales and service goals. To meet these responsibilities, the SRSM, with input from the National Direct Channel Director, establishes the strategic direction, effectively directs sales and sales support activities and is responsible for the recruitment and development of employees and producers. The job is accomplished by effectively leading the people who perform those activities. In addition, the SRSM develops, leads, communicates, and implements product distribution strategies designed to generate profitable growth. The SRSM must develop, build and maintain strong positive relationships with existing agents/sellers. In addition, must recruit new agents/sellers by promoting the sale of ADS products and training services. This role will support the Western Region of the US.
- Leads all sales-related activity within their specific region, with input from the National Channel Leader.
- Develops a strategic business plan (production, retention, education, and profitability) for all targeted lines of business.
- Has regional responsibility for generating profitable growth and for achieving the Regional annual VSC, Ancillary and GAP sales production and agency enrollment plans within the Direct Channel.
- Increase the amount of performing agencies within their region.
- Has responsibility for meeting regional expense plans for all sales functions within the Direct Channel.
- Develops and implements education and development plans for the region's Account Relationship Managers.
- Fosters an environment that encourages continuous growth and professional development for self and all direct reports.
- Works with other senior leaders to develop succession plans and mentoring programs.
- Has responsibility for the development of direct reports: Account Relationship Managers (ARMs).
- Monitors and evaluates Account Relationship Managers on performance compared to business results plans and provides coaching and constructive feedback as appropriate.
- Knowledge of dealership Finance and Insurance (F & I) department
- At least 7 years in retail dealership Finance and Insurance experience preferred
- At least 7 years marketing finance and insurance products to dealers preferred
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, written and public speaking communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform individual and group training
- Ability to perform simple mathematics
- Strong computer skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- College Degree Preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top