Dealer Sales Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Auto Dealer Program is building a strong distribution channel appointing and supporting Allstate Agencies in top producing and respected Auto Dealerships in the country. As we expand our footprint throughout the regions, we are adding an additional position to focus on recruiting new dealers to the program.
This is a unique role to bring all 4 focus areas into one relationship; The Allstate Agency, Allstate Benefits, The Good Hands Repair Network, and Allstate Dealer Services F&I products. As a key member of our Leadership Team, this role is responsible for identifying and engaging quality dealers to join the Allstate family leveraging all 4 of those components. The Dealer Sales Consultant will develop dealer leads, create and present financial pro formas, facilitate launches to include dealer training and act as Account Executive for multi-point dealers.
- Possess the executive presence and business acumen to gain access and trust of auto dealer principles.
- Build alliances and networks as an ambassador of Allstate bringing together all 4 components of the program.
- Work collaboratively to improve the practice of our search and launch strategy as well as inform best practice development.
- Executing searches to include: developing the search and sourcing strategy including but not limited to: proactive networking, cold calling, partnership with ADS General Agents, referrals from Regions and The Good Hands Repair Network.
- Expert relationship skills that can be translated across the Allstate program, with dealers and with the regional partnerships.
- Proactive pipeline development including the designing, building and maintaining a strong network of potential dealer candidates
- Building and actively participating with external networks and affiliations
- Knowledge of Allstate products services including Commercial, SPL as well as personal lines
- Manage multi-regional dealer sales pipeline. As many as 20-30 potential dealerships at any one point in time. Various stages to successful conclusion.
- Qualifying/approval of prospect including region agent location, footprint, dealership services, F&I insurance opportunity.
- Agency opportunity
- Due Diligence & Close
- Initial on boarding and agency stewardship
- Exhibit thought leadership; strategic, independent and progressive thinker; consultative skills, and the ability to influence others
- Strong interpersonal, business writing and verbal communication skills as well as sound presentation and facilitation
- Ability to establish effective partnerships internally and externally, at all organizational levels and across boundaries
- Strong presentation and follow up skills
- Knowledge of the Allstate Distribution System and Regional Framework
- Auto Dealer industry experience not required, but is a plus
- 4 year degree preferred
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top