Database Admin - Entry Level (Irving, TX)
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Database Administer creates basic database structures for small to medium projects, provides support in the day to day operational management of Database Technologies and aids in software maintenance lifecycle management with assistance. The DBA assists with basic database performance tuning and consultation, database configuration implementation, creates and maintains scripts and test plan execution. They also participate in Enterprise incident, change and problem management activities.
- Assists with basic DDL implementation, such as creating tables, indexes, schemas, and setting up security; perform basic database maintenance services for application development teams
- Assists with installing client tools and drivers based on established documented procedures; assist with installing and maintaining database tools/utilities to support the DBMS environment
- Assists in in root-cause analysis on minor incidents; participate with DBMS vendors and others to determine causes and solutions for database problems/issues
- Installs/creates low complexity databases based on established documented procedures
- Assists with testing efforts, troubleshooting, and reviewing trace files
- Collects database performance and usage metrics to report trends; assists Technical lead in updating database availability SLA records as necessary
- Collects database back-up requirements; assist with recovery/roll-back as directed for low complexity applications
- Assists with basic testing as directed to enable database software/hardware and related technology evaluation
- Reviews and follows architecture and enterprise database standards
- Assists with authoring and executing scripts
- Assists with creation of logical and physical models utilizing modeling tool
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- SQL experience will help you succeed in this role!
- Target start date May/June 2018
Work Life at Allstate
At Allstate, we inspire a working culture that encourages teamwork and collaboration. With the flexibility in work schedules, we value work life balance. We thrive on developing our employee's professional growth with the different opportunities to rotate into and learn new things, along with new technology.
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site services: convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- #8 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2015 – Information Week
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 – ConnectEDU
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012– Computerworld magazine
- 50 Happiest Companies in America 2013 - CareerBliss
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top