Data/Analytics Product Manager - Innovation Strategy
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Area of Responsibility
The Data/Analytics Product Manager develops and launches new products and businesses built off leading edge technology (big data, advanced analytics). This person is a critical thought leader and a savvy people and project manager, driving hard business results and shaping Allstate's future strategy.
About the Opportunity
As a Data/Analytics Product Manager in Allstate Innovation, you possess a blend of business and technical understanding, a drive to create a brand new business, and you can deliver your elements of the program with precision and quality. You see the potential of the data and understand how to realize that potential through data and analytics driven solutions.
This role is a key position, tasked with leading the commercial success of multiple lines of technology products and services. You see opportunities where others see challenges.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
In this role, you'll join a team focused on standing up an entirely new technology business within Allstate. You will be responsible for:
- Researching, defining and proposing analytics and data model solutions to incorporate into or build on our emerging business' platform solutions.
- Using analytics expertise and data science knowledge to write use cases and qualify feasibility through data model definition and prototypes.
- Building products from existing ideas, and helping to develop new ideas based on your industry experience.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across Allstate Innovation and the broader enterprise to extend existing products and develop new products for the company.
- Working with your product owner, product managers, and software engineering peers to define product release requirements for our new business' platform data and analytics solutions. You love the challenge of developing a great user experience for your products.
- Serving as the internal and external evangelist for your product offerings.
- Develop new machine learning and data science approaches and models as needed.
- Prototype using different analytics platforms as needed
- Managing the entire data and analytics product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and product profit and loss success
- Feature requirements and tradeoffs using agile development
- Technology and toolchain decisions
- Define analytics UI and visualization requirements and specifying analytics use cases and the data sources required
- Working with business development and go-to-market teams to launch products to consumers, and with all required Allstate departments to execute the launch plan.
- 5+ years of data and analytics product management experience, software product management experience in a leadership position, or other equivalent system engineering or consulting roles in a relevant area of data and analytics.
- An understanding of large scale data analytics, data sciences, data visualization techniques, machine learning approaches, data quality management and data source integration.
- Ability to earn credibility in an array of emerging technology areas (e.g. big data, Internet of Things, digital, cybersecurity, etc.)
- Proven business judgment, data-driven decision approach, and customer-centric mindset
- Experience taking a product from conception to launch; ability to effectively lead MVP test and learn processes
- Ability to lead project teams day-to-day and collaborate productively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence through polished, "executive-ready" communication and presentation skills
- A Bachelor's degree in math, computer science or a data science degree or demonstrable equivalent work experience is required. Post graduate qualifications in these areas a plus. MBA preferred.
- Product and service design for cloud platforms experience a plus
- Experience with natural language processing, neural networks, and/or decision modeling a plus
- Experience with using the Hadoop software stack a plus
Value proposition of this role
- Opportunity to personally build innovative new products and businesses, with ownership all the way through
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups
- Leadership of high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.'s largest companies and most respected brands
- Tremendous resourcing and executive-level sponsorship
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top