Data Steward Senior Consultant I
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Operations Data Steward team is responsible for collaborating with business clients and IT to manage data as an asset and to ensure trusted quality data. The team is responsible for process improvement, as well as serving in a consultant role to teams across Product Operations, providing best practices, improved processes, improved architecture, data interpretation and training on governed data sources.
A Data Steward Senior Consultant I will be responsible for designing and communicating best practices and documentation of our governed data sources and metadata to both our business clients and our IT partners. They will support collaborative efforts with our clients and IT partners to improve processes that will increase data availability and data interpretation.
- Support collaboration between business and technology to ensure that data & metadata meets the organization standards and requirements
- Create training with minimal support for Product Operation employees on governed data sources and metadata
- Carry out testing/profiling of data to ensure proper operation and accuracy
- Support document improvements to current procedures and processes
- Document nuances about Product Operation data sources, rating programs, and queries & communicate
- Troubleshoot data quality issues with minimal support – identifying root cause/system & documentation/communication of resolution
- Build relationships with appropriate system areas to ensure cooperation on data stewardship project objectives and issue resolution
- Support the data flow process for newly captured strategic information
- Act as liaison between technology and business with clarifications of requirements throughout project lifecycle
- Bachelor’s in a field such as Math, Business, Computer Science or Data Architecture or equivalent work experience
- 3-4 years of related experience
- Strong data management, quality assurance and data flow skills
- Solid experience in time and task management
- Strong attention to details
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in Oracle, SAS/SQL, and Tableau
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top