Data Quality Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data Quality Consultant is responsible for understanding data problems, projects and strategies and working towards specific goals. This role is responsible for working with data owners and stakeholders to understand the health of customer/business data and support remediation through partnership with Technology to influence key decision makers.
- Provides support in the governance of business data to ensure consistency, accuracy, and accessibility
- Design and build BI Data Quality Reports for internal review and consideration for remediation
- Assist in synthesizing large amounts of data into meaningful conclusions and support any root cause analysis
- Compile and analyze Data Quality Monitoring reports and make recommendations for remediation
- Assist in facilitating Data Quality workshops with Data Stewards and Data Subject Matter Experts
- Manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Contribute to a common vision by elevating the organizations’ commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
- Implement processes and procedures to drive enterprise data confidence through high quality data assets
- Contributes to project milestones associated with specific data & analytics projects or activities within own department or workgroup
- Manages work using Agile methodologies enabling the movement of the most important work forward
- Proactively communicates risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Data Quality, Data Architecture, Business, Math, Computer Science or equivalent work.
- 2-4 years of business experience and/or business project management experience
- Solid decision making, problem solving approaches, and ability to support routine to complex analysis
- Strong aptitude to understand Allstate systems and data.
- Intermediate data profiling, data discovery, and root cause analysis skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to design and lead data and technology heavy projects
- Ability to revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
- Ability to inspire trust
- Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Skills in Informatica Analyst Tool, Tableau(visualization tools) and Agile methodologies is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top