Data Governance Portfolio Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data Governance Portfolio Consultant is responsible for understanding data problems, projects and strategies and working towards specific goals. This role is responsible for working with stakeholders to represent the business needs and partnering with Technology to influence key decision makers. Provides support to the Data Governance Portfolio Manager.
- Provides support in the governance of business data to ensure data is consistent, accurate, available, and accessible
- Contributes to the common vision by elevating the organizations’ commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
- Ensure a cross functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
- Implement processes to maintain high quality data assets
- Contributes to project milestones associated with specific data & analytics projects or activities within own department or workgroup
- Manages work through a cohesive plan that outlines objectives, timelines, risks, and deliverables enabling the movement of the most important work forward
- Proactively communicates risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders
- Solves problems to ensure task completion by establishing priorities and resolving conflicts with team members and functional mangers
- Compilation of Data Governance program/project status reports, follow-up for timely updates on health/risk issues, escalation and maintenance of Data Strategy Principle & Policy (DSPP) exception logs and additional tasks as assigned by the Portfolio Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 2-4 years of business experience and/or business project management experience
- Uses sound decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to support routine to complex analysis
- Has strong aptitude to understand Allstate systems and data.
- Has an understanding of financial services/Property and Casualty consumer trends, industry/ competitive dynamics, and economics;
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Possesses quantitative and analytical skills
- Manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to design and lead data and technology heavy projects
- Ability to revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
- Ability to inspire trust
- Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
Level Guide: Please refer to the Allstate Level Guide on MyHr Knowledge
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top