Data Governance Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data Governance Senior Consultant is responsible for leading moderately complex projects and managing work that has Data Governance, Data Management and Data Quality impacts to the Enterprise. The role is responsible for project results in terms of costs, methods and outcomes. This role drives collaboration and influences key project/ program stakeholders to execute on key deliverables and to develop data stewards within their area of resposibility.
- Consults in the governance of business data to ensure consistency, accuracy, availability, and accessibility
- Contributes to the common vision and communication to business leaders including elevating the organizations’ commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate customer and business data
- Ensures that a cross-functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
- Develop and implement processes to maintain high quality data assets
- Facilitate and drive cross-functional teams to achieve Data Governance results.
- Encourages the growth of Data Stewards across the Enterprise and supports the DS networking user group
- Lead training for Data Stewards across the Enterprise
- Support the Data Governance Services work as well as strategic core initiatives
- Manages data and analytic project and program execution of moderate complexity
- Manages work/programs of moderate complexity through a cohesive plan that outlines objectives, timelines, risks, and deliverables enabling the movement of the most important work forward
- Proactively communicates risks, issues and status to leadership and key stakeholders
- Communicates and coordinates internal or external contacts of project decisions
- Drives problem solving and issue resolution to ensure task completion by establishing priorities and resolving conflicts with team members and functional mangers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Data Quality, Data Architecture, Business, or equivalent work.
- 2-4 years of business experience and/or business project management experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to design and lead dynamic data projects of moderate complexity
- Ability to inspire trust
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Solid decision making, problem solving, and ability to support complex analysis
- Advanced skill in motivation, organization, analysis, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing strategies and direction.
- Excellent presentation skills; dynamically (persuasively) presenting ideas to management
- Skills in Visio (flow charting) and PowerPoint a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top