Data Analytics Engineer - Consultant II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Data Team is responsible for supporting Product Operations to make objective customer-focused decisions toward profitable growth by ensuring trusted actionable data. This is accomplished through offering services in data delivery, data management and consultation and training.
This role is responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure projects & proof of concept business solutions for users in analytics and Data Science. This person works directly with data scientists and analytic engineers on needs and tactical solutions. This role will execute new ETL work tracks for Data Science and analytics from inception and prototyping to fully developed solutions. This is a highly dynamic position that requires a great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources. This role requires close integration and partnership with the business/Data Science team and requires business acumen in order to output the best technical solutions.
- Provide support on requirement development and assist in documenting requirements.
- Support the team in developing analytic data sources for use by data scientists, research, and business users
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Provide support in breaking down business problems into solvable components by assessing the requirements and/or business implications to arrive at recommended solutions, with minimal supervision.
- Help develop and deliver the data infrastructure required to support needs of predictive modeling and analytics with minimal supervision.
- Help execute the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs.
- Utilize a multidisciplinary approach to Data Analytic problems combining technical expertise with analytics and business knowledge.
- Work with Data Scientists and business partners on embedded cross functional teams; developing subject matter expertise in the business as well as advanced analytics.
- Leverage "agile" data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and OLAP technologies (Ab Initio, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, and Hadoop-JAVA MapReduce).
- Promote an environment that supports innovation and process improvement.
- Participate in the development of corporate research data files, information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data.
- Participate in the development of prototypes for business or research data solutions (dimensional models, model builds) so that business users or predictive modelers may visually understand and explore a new feature or functionality before implementation to expose design assumptions and drive ideation.
- Demonstrate high degree of analytic agility to meeting fluid and dynamic business needs in this space.
- Mentor other team members in a business technical environment.
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a field such as Computer Science, Data Architecture, or equivalent skills
- 2 - 3 years of related experience or equivalent skills & ability
- Development knowledge and experience in key applications such as Python, Ab Initio, SQL, and PL/SQL
- Computer Proficiency in Oracle, UNIX, SQL
- Intermediate Analytic, Data Sourcing, and Content Management skills
- Ability to extract data from various data sources.
- Solid experience in time and task management
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top