Data Analytics Analyst
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Independently manage projects of moderate complexity. Implement new solutions and solve analytical problems that are uncommon.
- Determine own work priority and timelines. Set timeframes for self and team members. Allocate work and mentor new team members.
- Develop and implement analytical and/or statistical methodologies for predictive operational reporting of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes
- Identify actionable insights and recommendations to influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results across functional groups.
- Develop analytics "story" and visual presentation strategies to ensure data is conveyed in meaningful and interpretive formats for all audience levels.
- Analyze moderately complex structured and unstructured data from a number of sources to identify key drivers.
- Review results, identify variances to planned performance, analyze causes of variance and make actionable recommendations
- Perform data analysis and evaluate trend analysis using statistical methods
- Identify data elements needed to support business objectives and improve programs.
- Integrate technical knowledge with business goals and strategy
- Present insights and findings on major projects to senior leadership. Effectively communicate logic and technical processes supporting the analytic solutions.
- Effectively consult others and influence organizational change, behavior and results
The Service Management Reporting and Analytics Team provides best in class reporting solutions that enable business intelligence. We are focused on driving improvements to address infrastructure and application stability and resiliency, to protect the firm and its customers from financial and reputational impact. We take a collaborative approach to deliver certified, reliable and accurate IT Service Management (ITSM) reporting solutions.
The ATSV-Data Analytics-Sr Consultant II will be responsible for breaking down business problems into structured analysis by assessing the requirements and/or business impact to arrive at recommended solutions. The consultant will provide an understanding of data to produce insights and actionable recommendations in the form of analytic projects, striving to positively impact and influence efficiencies and business decisions. The consultant will have a passion for problem solving, comfort with ambiguity and the ability to think conceptually, analytically and creatively. He/she will also be able to lead team discussions and peer reviews to ensure the successful implementation of reporting solutions and related projects. The consultant will provide support to the IT Service Management (ITSM) Reporting & Analytics team lead by offering suggestions for improvement and generating ideas for new projects
- Bachelor's degree or 3 - 5 years related experience in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research or related field)
- Experience (2 - 4 yrs) with:
- Data mining, ETL and segmentation techniques on Relational Databases, Data Models, Data Warehouses (e.g. mySQL,SQL Server, Oracle)
- Data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, ServiceNow Performance Analytics, Qlikview)
- Data manipulation and using statistical analysis software (e.g. Advanced Excel / VBA / SAS / SPSS)
- Leading projects and process modeling (PMBOK, waterfall, agile, BPM, Lean)
- Conducting descriptive statistics and exploratory data analysis (univariate, bivariate, distribution, correlation, histogram, scatter, box plots, trend lines, text mining)
- Business application of inferential statistics (confidence intervals, margin of error, analysis of variance, hypothesis testing)
- Business application of predictive analytics (regression, decision trees, clustering, time series)
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong communication skills and the ability to simplify complex technical ideas
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and organize
- Understand the foundational concepts and relationships between IT Service Management (ITSM) Processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Release) preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of IT Service Management tools (e.g. ServiceNow) preferred, but not required
- Experience in Programming or Web Application Development advantageous, but not required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Director Of Technology Strategy
Josh is constantly looking for opportunities for Allstate to use technology and computer software in innovative ways that continue to build on the company’s core strengths.
Back to top