Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The metadata analyst is responsible for establishing an enterprise level metadata repository solution. The metadata analyst plays a critical role in data governance as a liaison between the conceptual forms of metadata and the associated physical and logical versions of data. To be successful this role must have a robust understanding of technology and must also have the ability to collaborate with non-technical people and stakeholders.
3-5+ years in the following preferred:
- Strong background in data modeling. Meta modeling, data warehousing and master data management experience are all nice to haves for this role.
- Experience with architecting metadata solutions utilizing purchased metadata repository packages.
- Experience with developing system and data architectures that include metadata repositories and business glossaries.
- Experience with developing data quality solutions and integrating the results into a metadata repository.
- Experience creating and managing medium sized project plans for data architecture initiatives.
- Experience working with Ab Initio is a plus for this role.
- Experience working as a DBA is a plus for this role.
Should also be able to demonstrate the follwing:
- Must have a strong capability to deal with highly ambiguous problems. This is demonstrated through step-by-step and methodical approach to scoping, understanding & exploration to the right solution(s)
- Strong ability to visualize complexity as a method of collaboration & sharing with team members. This skill is used as a collaboration mechanism to collect more points-of-view in the problem solving process.
- Must demonstrate strong presentation skills at multiple levels (high level/conceptual, mid-level/tactical, process-level/practical)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit “Managing Your Career” located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top