Damage Mediator Senior Analyst - Allstate Roadside Services
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Are you looking to join an exciting new team that is growing in our Largo Office? We are currently looking for individuals that are willing to learn, looking to handle complex situations, and join a great team at Allstate Roadside Services!
The Damage Mediator is responsible for all roadside complaints relative to allegations of vehicle damage caused by acts of omission or commission by the service provide. The team acknowledges receipt of complaint and completes an investigation that may include discovery with the consumer, dealer, auto manufacturer, Allstate Agent, and service provider. A review of written estimates is required (which may include automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and recreational vehicles) validating damages alleged are related to the rescue event.
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for providing a superior level of customer service and attention to customers who are claiming vehicle damage related to the rescue event. The individual acknowledges notice of loss, completes discovery, which includes review of written vehicle damage estimates (negotiates basic and occasionally moderately complex settlements with repair facilities.This individual is also responsible for explaining the damage mediation process to agents, customers, dealers, other insurance companies, providers and auto manufacturers. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload.
This individual is responsible to be the subject matter expertise to less experienced Damage Mediators providing decision making guidance relative to mechanical, body, and technology based damage claimed as a result of the rescue event. The person also offers analysis of damage mediators performance and trending related to the various case types in order to recommend process improvements that will reduce frequency and expense. The individual also ensures expense recovery is optimized for each damage case as directed and in accordance with established processes and performance standards. This individual may, as directed, own key processes within the function that may include audit activity and or oversight of recovery activities.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
File Documentation and Reporting:
- Summarizes documents and maintains accurate and timely case records, evaluations and decision making process creating a record that tells the whole story as the damage claim is mediated
- Provides technical and process guidance to less experienced mediator team members
- Identifies patterns and relationships in data using multiple resources and proactively uses that expertise to coach, train, and support the damage mediation team
- Makes recommendations relative to repair estimates, provider liability, and relevance of damages claimed with respect to the rescue event servicing details
- Reviews and approves complex repair estimates
- Mentors and provides development guidance to team members relative to damage estimates
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies broad knowledge relative to body, mechanical, and technology based damage repairs
- Experience with processes, policies, procedures, systems, liability, damage estimating and settlement, and adherence to compliance standards
- Experience using Excel, and ability to manipulate and recognize patterns of data
- Ability to problem solving and conflict management skills
- Previous negotiation experience
- Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle complex damage cases
- Provides broad individual decision making within authority limits
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
Meet Some of Allstate's Employees
Data Analytics Engineer
Patrick supports the work of his fellow Data Scientists by coding predictive models. He works to create functional Allstate products by making sense of the company's vast amount of customer data.
Back to top